DashCam for a Small car

AndreaPerez

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Hello DashCam members,

I live in Lima, Peru, and I have a small car (Suzuki Alto) which does not have a cigarette lighter port (I know it is weird). I would like to know which type of dash camera is convenient for two periods of 1.5 hour daily driving (total of 3 hour driving daily) without the possibility of charging the camera during driving (I could charge the battery of the camera in my office though).
Besides, my daily driving includes approximately 12km of road trail in darkness.

Thanks for your help,

Andrea

If you hardwire the camera, you can choose any DashCam you like. You could also use a power bank (e.g. Anker Astro E4) ... I use it to power my Mobius when leaving my car parked unattended.

If you really have to rely on the inbuilt battery, I suggest the SJCAM M10. It's battery should be ok for about 2 hours, & can be swapped in seconds.

Alternatively, the Mobius requires a screwdriver & about 5 minutes to swap batteries, however, you could just charge it up at your office. It would need the optional 820mAh battery, which is good for about 2 hours.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
That is weird, what year Alto is it?

Hi Andrea.

I use a lukas LK 7500 in my suzuki splash, but i do have a cigarette socket to power it.
If you do not want to get some one to install a cigarette socket in your car, you can use a USB power-bank and use that to power a dashcamera during your drive.

That is weird, what year Alto is it?
My car is 2012 year. It is a very very basic car, cheap and very economic (70km per gallon !). The steering wheel is mechanic (hard to drive), does not have air conditioner, it is all mechanic, but it is enough for my needs. The maintenance department of the company that sold me the car, has told me that it is difficult or impossible to install the lighter port because the difficulty to get the appropriate pieces :(

Hi Andrea.

I use a lukas LK 7500 in my suzuki splash, but i do have a cigarette socket to power it.
If you do not want to get some one to install a cigarette socket in your car, you can use a USB power-bank and use that to power a dashcamera during your drive.
Hello, thank you for your recommendation. It looks a good dashcam, however, I am looking for cheaper camera, otherwise, the camera will cost more than my car LOL. :)

Hi Andrea.

Besides the company that sold me the car has told they don't install cigarrete sockets in my car, and if I do it with other company, I would loose the guaranteed that allows me to have car maintenance every 5000 km.

If you hardwire the camera, you can choose any DashCam you like. You could also use a power bank (e.g. Anker Astro E4) ... I use it to power my Mobius when leaving my car parked unattended.

If you really have to rely on the inbuilt battery, I suggest the SJCAM M10. It's battery should be ok for about 2 hours, & can be swapped in seconds.

Alternatively, the Mobius requires a screwdriver & about 5 minutes to swap batteries, however, you could just charge it up at your office. It would need the optional 820mAh battery, which is good for about 2 hours.

View attachment 10574 View attachment 10575 View attachment 10576
Hello, it seems the SJCAM M10 it is a good option for my situation and budget. Thank you very much for the information.

I would suggest getting a G1WH or Mobius if you want night performance and budget friendly.

Then wire it to a powerbank or hardwire it to your fuse panel

Back