DashCam for Semi-Trucker in Canada

CanadianTrucker

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all, new member wanted some advice from you guys regarding which cam I should get for my big rig in Canada. The winters get quite cold here so I would need a camera with a high temperature threshold.

I've got the G1wh in my car and it works well but I'm sure I could do better in terms of build quality and durability. It's going into a dump truck so theres a lot of shaking happening all day so I want something a bit more sturdy. I'm wondering if anyone has mounted outside of their vehicle before so that way I can get the whole side of my truck. Budget is highly flexible, as long as I can get a cam to record in high quality and last me a while. I don't need the cams to be on dual or triple channelled as I could just get three different cams and put SD cams in and go from there.

I'm open to any and all ideas, thanks in advance guys!

Panorama cameras are ideal for trucks, highest temp thresholds of any camera at the moment, take full size SD cards so easier to deal with, 12v~24v straight in so no USB converters or whatever to deal with

Hello fellow Canadian!

With the dash cams available on the market right now, I don't believe there is one that is waterproof without any modifications to it. Another high quality, high temeprature resistant dash cam you can take a look at is the Lukas LK7900 ACE. It doesn't have a screen on it, making it less of a target for theives and also one less thing for you to worry about malfunctioning. I understand reliability is most important to truckers.

Almost all incidents with the necessary evidence can be recorded with just a front facing dash cam.

Kelvin

Last edited:
Panorama cameras are ideal for trucks, highest temp thresholds of any camera at the moment, take full size SD cards so easier to deal with, 12v~24v straight in so no USB converters or whatever to deal with
Any suggestions on brands? - Sorry new the site

Any suggestions on brands? - Sorry new the site

Use the Viofo A119 V3. Won't break the bank, reliable, good overall video. Never buy any pimped by crappy blogs like posted in some of the comments. Most of those cameras are junk, and the poster is just trying to earn a commission.

Yes, noticed that...eventually. :)

Thinking of starting a blog '10 best dash cams for Indian trucks in 2019'

tata.jpg

Last edited:
One of those expensive fire and explosion proof CCTV cameras, everything else i am afraid they will just break.

What the hell is that those trucks are carrying ? airbags so Bollywood stuntmen can survive a fall.

What the hell is that those trucks are carrying ?
Looking at what is spilt on the ground, it appears to be grain:

117.jpg

Although it may have been straw that was not so neatly stacked:
5-11.jpg

Definitely not sugar cane, that comes a different shape:

3-13.jpg

Well creativity are off the chart,,,,,, but intellect and safety are left behind.

Can't be too heavy. The limit seems to be how close the village huts are to the road.

You see much of the same in Thailand, but not so excessive to the sides. It's pretty common to see a small pickup truck carrying lengths of pipe or something that are 3 times longer than the pickup, with a full truck length of overhang, front and back. We're not talking a few pieces, but a special built rack to haul a full load of the stuff.

Here's a load of pineapple a friends son sent me yesterday. More interesting for how it's loaded, and obviously hand stacked.
In the US a truck would have 24 pallets of pineapple, and it would still take longer for a grocery warehouse to unload with a forklift than the 3-4 guys hand unloading this pickup truck of pineapple.

1567515589578.jpg

Here i just read on news sites that crows here are getting fat from all the junk food they find in garbage bins ASO :)
Maybe we Danes have diabetic crows soon,,,,,, talk about first world problems.

Why are your cows free to wander to find garbage bins? Don't you have homeless people that do that?

Back