Dashcam for trip to Zion National Park

TC2020

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking to document the trip which is planned for later this year. I am looking for a 4K webcam that I can install in my current car and then take to use in a rental car (probably an SUV) during the trip. Thanks in advance!

Looking to document the trip which is planned for later this year. I am looking for a 4K webcam that I can install in my current car and then take to use in a rental car (probably an SUV) during the trip. Thanks in advance!

Viofo Pro would be a solid camera. 4K front and 2K rear. Support for hardwiring (3 wire kit) and low bitrate parking mode. Which records a live feed while parked, just at a lesser quality. Good for scenes which aren't rapid motion. Car backing into you, person damaging your car, etc.

If you're wanting a 3 channel (interior camera), Viofo has the A139. 2k front + 1080P Interior + 1080p Rear. Parking mode, too.

Street Guardian also supposedly makes a solid product, too.

Thanks! My only concern with the Viofo Pro is the 130° viewing angle. I'm not sure that is enough to capture what I'm trying to video.

Thanks! My only concern with the Viofo Pro is the 130° viewing angle. I'm not sure that is enough to capture what I'm trying to video.

I mean you'll have a pretty decent view. Remember, the greater the viewing angle, the more the video will have fish bowl appearance.

Ignore the numbers, it has a wider field of view than most dashcams, partly because the sensor is wider so uses more of the lens, and the angle given is for the lens, not what you can actually see in the recording! It is plenty wide enough to record the scenery without being too wide so that it is recording your A-pillars and their reflections that spoil the video:

y4mfVcD84wrS2ICp0rlbj8LXZtWXHJEDEUmRM9uniqkj5CnMTPsMVLtL109O4SFX5UAirRqFHic7tV-7nX-_yNS3yIiLR7SxkD5M9CviJMb0jSZw5YAddZ-jueyde4qNF0rFyvlFAd2Remib3prAiJHelI3afBLXQ-fZQNcvkpxn53vMXy-oEnjCbcj9DBYFpi1

Exactly. It'll be more than sufficient. And the larger the viewing angle, the more distorted the video image. So I think the A129 Pro would be perfect for him.

Only a few cams list the true FOV numbers, and of the good cams hardly any exceed 130 degrees diagonal in actual use. This is about what most good "wide angle" dashcams do so I wouldn't worry about it- it's all you're going to get no matter what the advertised claim is.

Phil

Back