Dashcam for underground Car Park required

chrissss81

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, my name is Chris and I live in London.
Currently my car is parked in an underground car park and I have a lovely Neighbour who has already put nice scratches in my car.
Therefore, to prevent him to continue that, I am looking for a good HD webcam with great quality at night (there is light in the car park but its not super bright) and with a Parking mode feature.
3 Cameras came to my mind so far:
- Finevu CR500
- Blackvue DR500
- Blackvue DR550 (when it comes out later this month)

What do you guys think?

Thanks

hi chris, welcome to the forums.

i don't know much about the 550 but between the cr500 and dr500, i think i'd go with the cr500 as they are decent in low lit conditions.

For surveillance you need 4ch car dvr solution. 1 or 2ch won't be enough.

chrissss81 said:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, my name is Chris and I live in London.
Currently my car is parked in an underground car park and I have a lovely Neighbour who has already put nice scratches in my car.
Therefore, to prevent him to continue that, I am looking for a good HD webcam with great quality at night (there is light in the car park but its not super bright) and with a Parking mode feature.
3 Cameras came to my mind so far:
- Finevu CR500
- Blackvue DR500
- Blackvue DR550 (when it comes out later this month)

What do you guys think?

Thanks

You need an external camera unless they are scratching the bonnet of the car.

A windscreen camera can only see forwards

You need a wireless surveillance camera or a webcam looking out a window towards your car An internal camera wont do as if the guy is standing up as he does it his head may not be visible to a camera inside the car

As above, unless you mean the neighbour is scratching your car when parking his own car and you need proof to confront him/her..

Hey Chrissss81,

If you and your neighbor are always parking in the same parking spots, I reckon one good quality dashcam, pointed in the right direction, should do the trick in catching him in the act. You shouldn't have to invest in a 2 or 4 channel to catch one crime :)

I'd take a look at the Finevu CR500, and also the DOD LS300W for great low light recording.

My store only ships to USA and Canada typically, but if you don't find a vendor you like, I'd be happy to make a special shipping arrangement for you to London :)

Good luck on your search!
- Eva

niko said:
For surveillance you need 4ch car dvr solution. 1 or 2ch won't be enough.
4ch won't be enough, look for 6ch, if you not only want to name the right person, but to have image evidence of the incident.
So you need 2 cameras on each side, one in front looking backwards and one in the rear looking forward.

BTW: An external camera, hidden somewhere under a roof or on a pole like the ones for wild animal observation are more suitable for the named purpose.

Thanks to you all for your feedback.
My neighbor is not doing that on purpose, the cars are parked close to each other and he is just completely careless when he walks between the cars. Also, our cars are always parked on the same slots.
I think he got a bag with some metal applications and he hits my car with it while passing through and the metal applications leave scratches…. :(
So far I have 4 scratches already – luckily they can still be fixed with smart repair but actually I don’t want to pay for this anymore in the future.

A 4 – 6 way external system would be the best I think but I can’t install anything in the car park (I will take a picture later tonight and try to upload it here) plus it’s possibly a bit over the top for this application.
The Finevu DR500 or DOD LS300W look good as well, maybe those are good options. The Advantage of the Blackvue DR550 would be that I can put both cameras next to each other to completely monitor his slot as well as the front of my car (and I assume this set will be cheaper than buying 2 cameras).
Also, I know his number plate and would recognize him just in case the image quality is not super great (however, I would prefer to buy a good camera).

What do you guys think?

Chris

one thing to note, the cr500 has tripod ready/swivel mount so you can rotate it to whatever side your neighbour will be parking

I think the Finevu cr500 looks quite promising - thanks for your feedback.
I found a UK supplier and they say they have a new version with a black ring, please have a look here:
http://www.carcamerachoices.co.uk/finevu_cr500_hd.html

I can't really find anything official about that - is that really a 'new' version?

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
it's not new but i'd go with the black ring version anyway, so it's a bit easier to conceal

Back