Dashcam front and rear with quick renoval for front?

TakeMyCash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Is there a dashcam that has both front and rear (hard wired) where the front dashcam can be easily instantly removed without needing to unplug any wires (and then plug them back in later)? So essentially the power and rear connectors would go into the stand for the front camers instead of the main unit.

I am aware that the Viofo A119 (and maybe A129) has the power going into the actual stand for the front camera so if you were to use the front only then the removal of the unit is instant as it snaps on/off, however adding the rear dash cam connects into the unit itself so requires unplugging of this wire first before you can remove the unit (as I understand it, could be wrong).

My main reason for wanting this is fear of someone breaking into the car to steal a dash cam, so am thinking if getting one I can quickly and conveniently remove everytime I park up.

The Viofo A119 only has a power cable, and that can be plugged into the mount. It is very fast to remove and install but it is single channel, so you would need two of them.

The A129, as you say, has the rear camera cable going into the side of the camera, so there is one cable to unplug. I think all dual cameras have this problem because there is no good connection method to transfer video from a mount connector to the processor in the camera. The A129 is reasonably easy to remove and reinstall, if the cable is secured so that it always swings into the correct location and orientation for the plug to slide into the socket, or you can insert the plug first, then slide it onto the mount, but I wouldn't really want to do it every day.

There are very few reports of people stealing dashcams, doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone. If a thief realises it is there then they are probably not going to study it closely enough to work out if it is cloud connected or not, and getting that wrong can mean the end of their career, even getting videoed studying it can be bad news, and even if it is not cloud connected, an aborted break in for any reason will leave evidence that can end their career!

Back