Dashcam Georgia (DGA)

Dashcam Georgia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GoPro Hero 3+ "Black"
04/30/2017 Update: "Cobb County Highlight Clip -- 4" (nine captures in 2.6 minutes) posted tonight:

04/16/2017 Update: Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 21" was just posted.

04/02/2017 Update: Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 20" was posted this morning:

03/23/2017 Update: Close call, "Cobb County Highlight Clip -- 2" posted tonight:

02/04/2017 Update: Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 19" was posted this afternoon:

01/15/2017 Update: Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 18" was posted last night:

01/08/2017 Update: Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 17" was posted last night:

01/16/2016 (Original Post):
Hello everybody! I've been meaning to join this awesome forum for quite some time, but have just now got around to it. :)

Please check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DashcamGeorgia

Videos posted since October (only comp #7 is linked below):

Cobb County Highlight Clip 1 -- F-150 [<<< WORST driver encounter posted to date.
A longer version with better annotation is at 03:00 in compilation 3. :)]

Fulton County Highlight Clip 1 [<<< Lane-splitting motorcycles]

Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 1 [<<< Short, wordy and boring, but, hey, it was my first attempt.]
Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 2
Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 3 [<<< F-150 clip mentioned above is in here at 03:00.]
Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 4
Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 5
Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 6
Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 7 [<<< Released yesterday and linked below]

View, comment, like and subscribe!!

Last edited:
The embedded video you have in your post - showing that truck that pulled in front of you at the last second... I don't know what was behind you, or why he felt he HAD to move at that moment, but I can certainly feel for him. When I drive my 45' diesel-pusher motorcoach, with my Tundra connected as a tow vehicle, my overall length is nearly 70'. Sometimes it is impossible to change lanes because no one wants to be stuck behind such a large (and presumably slow-moving) vehicle. Turn signals all but guarantee being locked out. Sometimes, you just have to force it and hope that size matters. People cut in front of me (like that Focus) thinking I can stop on a dime like a motor cycle. It can get quite challenging.

The embedded video you have in your post - showing that truck that pulled in front of you at the last second... I don't know what was behind you, or why he felt he HAD to move at that moment, but I can certainly feel for him. When I drive my 45' diesel-pusher motorcoach, with my Tundra connected as a tow vehicle, my overall length is nearly 70'. Sometimes it is impossible to change lanes because no one wants to be stuck behind such a large (and presumably slow-moving) vehicle. Turn signals all but guarantee being locked out. Sometimes, you just have to force it and hope that size matters. People cut in front of me (like that Focus) thinking I can stop on a dime like a motor cycle. It can get quite challenging.
erkme73, thanks for watching and commenting. I certainly see your point, and will generally give large trucks plenty of room, especially on the interstate. For example, if I am in left lane of interstate on a downgrade and an 18-wheeler is in right lane slightly ahead of me and gaining on a vehicle in front of him, I will gladly back off, flash my headlights and let him in. It's actually a reward for me to see him move into the left lane ahead of me and flash his trailer lights as a "thank you". :) The truck in my clip, on the other hand, had no urgent need to move left, and I was closing distance before he moved in. That clip was originally a lot longer (most of it ended up on the cutting room floor); I had been trying to get around him for at least a minute before (and, I was being nice and lawful about it; not being a jerk, in other words). I should also mention; a few years ago, I had an unpleasant experience with a trash hauler on that very same stretch of road: a piece of scrap metal flew out the top of the hauler and put a nice deep thru-paint scratch on the fender of my Mustang (the hauler company paid $650 for the repair to my fender). :)

looks like you might be driving a toyota MR2 Spyder? horn doesn't sound stock tho, if that's what it is. fun little cars. i almost bought one myself but ended up with a miata instead.

I remember riding in a friend's X1/9 (mid-engine Fiat) back in the 70's; the engine sound was incredible. I haven't ridden in a mid-engine car since. It would be interesting to do a sound comparison video: MR2 (any variety) vs R53 (supercharged) MINI Cooper S.

"Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 8" posted this morning...

View, comment, like and subscribe!!

I remember riding in a friend's X1/9 (mid-engine Fiat) back in the 70's; the engine sound was incredible. I haven't ridden in a mid-engine car since. It would be interesting to do a sound comparison video: MR2 (any variety) vs R53 (supercharged) MINI Cooper S.
Go to a local autocross and I'm sure that could be arranged. :)

I remember riding in a friend's X1/9 (mid-engine Fiat) back in the 70's; the engine sound was incredible...

I find music in engines with 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, & 16 cylinders, but I've yet to encounter a 4 cylinder engine that I like. Flat 4, V4 or Straight 4, they leave me cold or cause irritation. Just me then? :oops:

I find music in engines with 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, & 16 cylinders, but I've yet to encounter a 4 cylinder engine that I like. Flat 4, V4 or Straight 4, they leave me cold or cause irritation. Just me then? :oops:
the S2000, especially when supercharged and with a mellow exhaust, makes a great sound under load in higher gears (3rd and up), especially in the higher RPMs it can reach. another is the lotus elise (which has a toyota engine with a massaged cylinder head - from the celica GTS and corolla/matrix XRS) is another higher-revving 4, but it can be a bit buzzy at times. i've not heard a smaller engine except some v-twins on Ducatis that really did much for me. even the silky smooth 3.5L v6 in my wife's previous car (toyota sienna van) sounded nicer than the 1.8L 4 in my miata.

it's weird how the v10 in the viper sounds completely different from ANY other engine out there, even other v10s.

and i'm actually NOT a fan of the raspy/buzzy exhaust that BMW seems to like to put on their cars in the last 10 years or so. sounds horrible. but the one they put on the v8 m3? yum. :)

I'm not going to judge. :)

the S2000, especially when supercharged and with a mellow exhaust, makes a great sound under load in higher gears (3rd and up), especially in the higher RPMs it can reach. another is the lotus elise (which has a toyota engine with a massaged cylinder head - from the celica GTS and corolla/matrix XRS) is another higher-revving 4, but it can be a bit buzzy at times. i've not heard a smaller engine except some v-twins on Ducatis that really did much for me. even the silky smooth 3.5L v6 in my wife's previous car (toyota sienna van) sounded nicer than the 1.8L 4 in my miata.

it's weird how the v10 in the viper sounds completely different from ANY other engine out there, even other v10s.

and i'm actually NOT a fan of the raspy/buzzy exhaust that BMW seems to like to put on their cars in the last 10 years or so. sounds horrible. but the one they put on the v8 m3? yum. :)

Supercharged S2000; yes, THAT would be nice. Late '80's to early 2000's Mustang GT: Very characteristic sound; you know there's something mean about to come into view.

Worst exhaust: Any V6 with aftermarket duals; sounds like goose poop thru a fan! :)

Speaking of unique sounding mustangs... The fox body 4cyl SVO mustang... I don't think it made any sound at all! :p turbo cars can be weird that way.

Many gm v6 sedans had horribly obnoxious sounding dual exhausts... Grand Prix (excluding the supercharged gtp), Bonneville, and anything else with that 3.8l throwback pushrod engine. Power: displacement ratio and gas mileage both sucked.

My Dad bought a Buick Regal Sport Coupe new (1978 3.8 liter, turbo, the first Buick I think with that engine); he special ordered it. It even had factory CB radio. :) Anyway, it was a great car for a few years and then it seemed to just self destruct. Structural integrity sucked, as did the 1986 Mustang GT that I owned; I vowed never to own another T-Top car.

Back