Dashcam Georgia (DGA)

That flat black van in #14 it could have been my friend, his Dodge Ramcharger is also painted flat black with rattle cans.
And the driving style is not unknown to my friend either :rolleyes: he really taken advantage of having driven 4 x 4 cars for the past 2.5 decade.

But my friend is not welcome in the US as he under Danish law have a conviction for being far too creative with milliary explosives :p :rolleyes:
And though this was wayyyyyy before terror became a issue for the rest of the world then he is still a no go for the US.

Me im such a nice guy so i am always welcome, or i was in the 90ties at least, and its not like i have been a naughty boy since then, that stuff was dropped in the 80ties.

Oops. Yeah, we were in the process of moving; that was a crazy time. Link to 12...

Thanks for watching!

I take it the solid double yellow dividing line is a "must not cross"... Any exceptions for entering a residence or business on the left side of the road?

And what about when the line separating turning lanes from straight ahead become solid nearer the intersection?

I should add: I'm from the UK, only ever driven in USA on a brief holiday years ago. It was Yates county NY, very quiet roads!

I take it the solid double yellow dividing line is a "must not cross"... Any exceptions for entering a residence or business on the left side of the road?

And what about when the line separating turning lanes from straight ahead become solid nearer the intersection?

I should add: I'm from the UK, only ever driven in USA on a brief holiday years ago. It was Yates county NY, very quiet roads!
solid double yellow = no passing zone. normally the lines completely disappear at an intersection (but just for the width of the intersection) since they'd eventually get worn off anyway, but there's no restrictions against turning left as long as there's no NO LEFT TURN signs. in fact, they often have double-yellows leading up to places where people often turn left so that the person turning left doesn't get t-boned by someone too impatient to wait... like we see all the time in the russian crash videos. :rolleyes:

solid white line separating turn lanes from straight lanes (or in the case of multiple turn lanes, separating each turn lane) are just strong suggestions to stay in your own lane. you CAN legally cross them, but it's not recommended to be changing lanes so close to an intersection, since it's illegal to change lanes while actually IN an intersection. same goes for entrance/exit ramps on highways (what you call slip roads). they usually have a solid white line for a bit as well, which you shouldn't cross unless it's really necessary, or perhaps if traffic is just crawling.

Thanks Gibson99, couldn't have said it better myself, and thank you jarvis for the question! :) Actually, there will be a clip in my next compilation that deals with that very issue: A couple days ago, a Mustang and I were turning right onto US 41, South (off of Roswell Street in Marietta, GA, in case you want to look at the intersection online; the world famous "Big Chicken" is at the opposite corner); the Mustang was in front of me and stopped. I honked at her because she could have kept moving; there is a solid white line between the "merge" lane and US 41 southbound traffic lanes, but there is also a yield sign for us and no "keep moving" sign. She was also angled as if wanting to jump directly into the left traffic lane. A split second after I honked, a car turned right from the right travel lane, across the solid white line (legal, but as you say, not recommended) into a business parking lot, which might have caused an accident had she started to move forward after I honked. :( I'll try to post the clip over the next couple of days...

Reminds me of something about 10 years ago... I was second in line at a red light; it turned green and the car in front of me (who had his right signal on) started to go but then stopped for no apparent reason. I gave him a couple seconds but then honked, thinking he fell asleep or something. He still didn't move, so I honked again, this time longer. Then I saw the pedestrian legally crossing in front of him, which is why he was (correctly) stopping. Boy did I feel like a heel... :oops:

Probably about as bad as I felt honking at the poor Corolla in comp #2,
Sometimes I don't think before honking. :)

"Cobb County Road-Rules Clip -- 1" just posted.

Covers the intersection (Roswell Street and US 41 South) discussed above. Enjoy! Comments are welcome.

Does the strip mall really need that many entrances? Maybe they need to close off the first two and just keep the one that had the concrete median forcing the right lane to turn right.

I was going to answer, "Yes, actually there's only the one entrance from US 41 (where the minivan went in)" but I looked on Google Earth. The 1st entrance could be closed (I'm sure the strip mall people would jump up and down about that), and the 2nd (safer) entrance could be used since there's a wrap-around drive west of the strip mall. There's not a driveway connection between the strip mall and Sams Club parking lot, so closing the 1st two entrances wouldn't work. :)

"Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 15" posted this morning.

Comment, like and subscribe!!

Yeah there's that poorly signed right turn... The yield sign needs to go away. Then maybe add some big turtles/reflectors to really emphasize that solid white line and encourage people to keep right when making the turn.

It took me a few seconds to figure out what you meant by turtles, but yeah, those would be perfect.

There's a similar turn here when leaving the big airport (IAH). When JFK Blvd hits beltway 8 (major freeway) the right turn lane has had its own lane to join the feeder road for at least 20 years. Sometime in the last 5 years, they finally added a KEEP MOVING sign below the NO STOPPING sign. I'd like to say it helped but half the time I'm still having to hit the brakes and horn because some idiot has stopped there.

There's another one where southbound sh249 meets the beltway. The solution there was to build a dedicated flyover-style on-ramp so you no longer have to go through anything that remotely resembles an intersection to get on the beltway. There's a direct on ramp from the beltway to JFK coming from the west to get into the airport, so why not build one for people going west from JFK? Smh...

"Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 16" posted earlier today.
Comment, like and subscribe!!!

Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 17" was posted last night:
Comment, like and subscribe!!!

If you could and youtube not throwing a fit you should use Sweet Georgia Brown as background music, to me that have a little of that "happy go lucky" and Benny Hill theme over it too.
Plus it is Jazz a sane person can listen to without tearing his own hair from his head

Back