Dashcam Georgia (DGA)

Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 27" was just posted:
Comment, Like and Subscribe!!!

I can't believe the car pulled up parallel to the car already blocking the intersection.

Judging by the condition of the rear bumper (no bumper cover), I guess they weren't too concerned about additional damage back there. Thanks for watching!

Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 28" was just posted:

"climb up a water tower"
When i worked on the local ship yard that still existed in the late 80ties, they asked if i would climb up and lube the top wheel on the big crane, as i suffer from a mild case of "fear of heights" and i think you should face your fears, i said no problem, and regretted that already when i was half way up there, but ! i did get the job done.
Same on ships i worked, bulb need changing in the tallest mast,,,,, no problem.
BTW yesterday a 23 year old just fell to his death on the training vessel Georg Stage which are docked ATM, it is a 3 mast schooner from 1934, preparing people for the merchant marine.

Georg-Stage-1-800x530.jpg

Kudos to you for going to the top! When you were part-way up, was it worse to look down, or worse to look up and realize how much further you had to climb to get to that pully?

At about the same time as the "water tower request", I had a ham radio beam (yagi) on top of a 50-foot tower attached to the eave of my parent's house. Part-way up, I'd look down, which wasn't too bad. Looking up, though, I'm thinking, "I still have to go up THAT FAR?!!!" [Think the dolly-zoom scene from Hitch****'s Vertigo...] Once up there, it wasn't too bad. I eventually got comfortable climbing up and down that thing without worry (which was maybe not a GOOD thing; possibly too confident). Perhaps the trainee was too confident. To tragically die that young... very sad.

I was very close to turning around, but then i thought of politicians and other "people" that make promises they dont keep just to look good, then going on became a lot easier.
But i only volunteered that one time, also i only worked at the ship yard for a few months, as i had some run ins with higher ranked people there.

I never got around to beam antennas, but i envied the people that had one, i did still go places on my 5/8 wave antenna and the 500 W amplifier.
In the car i also talked with Italians using just 250 W, mind you i was not able to do that driving / parked just anywhere.

I worked plenty of "OZ" stations as a novice, and later in contests. Once I figured out that the propagation here favored Europe between about 6 AM and 11 AM local time, my country count started to rise (lot's of G, F, PA, DK, etc.). Before the beam, I had a 15 M dipole in the attic which was good for about 20 or so countries. With the beam, I managed to increase the count to about 125, and place well in some of the contests. Since the late 80's, I've been using a Butternut vertical (no beam since 1982 :(), but still managed to rack up about 250 countries total. I'm not currently active (Butternut is in pieces, stored in the basement). Never used more than 150 W here; mainly to avoid RFI issues.

Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 29" was just posted.

Some of these people, need to go to the farm, work a few months on a chain gang while they evaluate their future as motorists.

iu

Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 30" was just posted.

Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 31" was just posted.

Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 32" was just posted.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people insist on pulling out across lanes of traffic and put themselves in the position to be t-boned. I guess their sense of self-importance overwhelms their self-preservation instinct?

They are too self-involved to care whether or not any of the other drivers will be adversely affected by their actions. When they screw up and cause an accident, they are quick to blame the other guy. That's why dash cams are such good investments.

Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 33" was just posted.

Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 34" was just posted.
Comment, Comment, Comment, Like and Subscribe!!!!! :)

Latest compilation, "Driving in Cobb County, Georgia -- 35" was just posted.
Note: I'm on a month-by-month schedule now (longer compilations, more honks). :)

Back