Dashcam hangs frequently, sd card problem?

DawG^

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello,
I have around 10 days a Mobius Maxi dashcam and I've seen that it sometimes hangs after 10min+ trips.
I use a SanDisk Ultra 200gb class 10 card that I had from my gopro and formatted in the camera.
Should the hanging problem come from the card? I don't have any other card laying around so I can't test it and not planning to buy a different card if this card is or should be supported.
Any thoughts?
Thx,
Glenn

Hello,
I have around 10 days a Mobius Maxi dashcam and I've seen that it sometimes hangs after 10min+ trips.
I use a SanDisk Ultra 200gb class 10 card that I had from my gopro and formatted in the camera.
Should the hanging problem come from the card? I don't have any other card laying around so I can't test it and not planning to buy a different card if this card is or should be supported.
Any thoughts?
Thx,
Glenn
What resolution/quality and loop duration are you using? Try 1min loop duration to keep the file size down.

2,7k 30fps, 3min loop duration.

I’d stick to what tony m suggests he knows his stuff with mobius cameras! Try definitely lowering the loop recording segments to either 1 or 3 minute clips. How about purchasing a 128gb sd card

I had it laying around so it was worth a try since I'm almost never use the Gopro anymore and that card wasn't very cheap.
Lowering the segments will be the first thing I'll try.
I've read it supports bigger cards then 128gb.
Thx for the info.

2,7k 30fps, 3min loop duration.
I had it laying around so it was worth a try since I'm almost never use the Gopro anymore and that card wasn't very cheap.
Lowering the segments will be the first thing I'll try.
I've read it supports bigger cards then 128gb.
Thx for the info.
Yes, it does support cards bigger than 128Gb - I don't think card capacity is the problem.
After trying 1min loop segment, also look at the video quality setting. I use Extreme Fine for the highest bitrate, but that setting does push the cards very hard.

If you record using just the internal battery, does the same thing happen? Alternatively, try recording with the camera plugged into a mains powered phone charger. The short recording duration could be an issue with the USB power supply in your car.

I've been testing the 1min segments for a week and it seems that the problem is solved for now. I only needed to reset it 1 time.
Did some longer en shorter trips and looks good. Glad I can keep the 200gb card!

Back