volkswagenup2013

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I own a Volkswagen Up and I recently bought a Nextbase Dashcam.
I attempted to follow the brand's video here
But the wires WILL NOT slot into the weather seal, they just fall out as there's not enough material to grip it.
I've tried both the passenger and drivers side and have the same issue.

Any suggestions on how this can be fixed? Or any other ways to fit a dashcam?

Thanks,

The weather seal are just the easy route, the hard route you take off the plastic trim of the A pilar and run the wire there ( probably alongside other wires already there )

You might be able to push the wires in further into the weather seal so that they then sit in the void between the seal and body/frame of the car/door pillar. That’s what I did in my car.

I would take the plastic cover on the A-pillar off, as kamkar suggests, however it may be a lot easier to pull the weather seal off, tuck the cable behind the plastic, and then put the weather seal back. Don't know about your car, but on mine the weather seals pull off easily, no clips or anything to remove.

You can see in this pic what kind of access to behind the A pillar plastic you might get if you pull off the weather seal.

In this case a BMW 320D
I will have to look into this myself, as it is a few seconds faster than pulling off the 2 plastic trim panels on my A pillars ( 1 screw )
Also i had them on and off so many times by now i actually need to replace them as the plastic and mounting clips are failing, this will give me a chance to get new ones, and paint them flat black instead of the tan plastic they are.
sg9665gc-bmw-320d-4x4-2014-jpg.45195

sg9665gc-bmw-320d-4x4-2015-jpg.45196

Back