Dashcam home security..

petepete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now run my x2 g1wh practically non stop for 8 months and added a gt680w that's proving just as reliable giving full colour images in very basic street lighting when mounted externally..

Better images than the black and white blur of low res night time household CCTV ...

Next project is to mount a dashcam with wifi on the house and am looking at the "xiaomi"...

Anyone got a low light screen capture of an external night time shot when it has been enhanced by vlc to see what it is capable of ?

How do you run your dash cam? Motion detect? Do you review it every day? Are you able to auto-upload to a server or computer?

I've got a bright street lamp in front of my house, and now that I've seen what can be done with a Mobius and a remote 8" lens extension, I agree that it may be better than typical home surveillance cams for the same money.

I'm going to follow this thread closely.

Since getting SG9665GC's for both cars I've been trying to figure out what to do with the G1W-Hs. I was going to use them as rear cams but can't come up with an acceptable way to mount them. May be fun to play around with them this way.

most NVRs have the feature where you can block off areas of the frame where you want and don't want motion detection to trigger recording. when dashcams get this feature with networking to send mobile alerts, I'll consider replacing my NVR. most dashcams can already beat my NVR (that records 700 TVL) when it comes to video quality.

Back