Dashcam ID help please

peterdallan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

New member from the UK here.

I just bought a new (second hand) car and it has the hard wiring for a front a rear dashcam. I’ve asked the dealer to ask the previous owner but no luck so far. So I wondered if anyone of here could ID the likely make so I can buy the same one.

I’ve attached a photo of the wiring, one power and one mini/micro usb and a mounting pad on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror. Looks like the rear one only has a mini/micro usb plug, does that sound right?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter

Hello all,

New member from the UK here.

I just bought a new (second hand) car and it has the hard wiring for a front a rear dashcam. I’ve asked the dealer to ask the previous owner but no luck so far. So I wondered if anyone of here could ID the likely make so I can buy the same one.

I’ve attached a photo of the wiring, one power and one mini/micro usb and a mounting pad on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror. Looks like the rear one only has a mini/micro usb plug, does that sound right?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter

View attachment 45804

Sorry the dimensions of the front mounting pad is 7.5cm x 4cm

Looks like a 12 V camera, so that rule out a few.
My money are on a Thinkware camera, probably F800

Looks like everything needed for the Thinkware F770. The F800 uses a very similar setup, but those cables look so old that it must be the F770.

Ok that’s a great help thank you. Is it right the rear camera only has the one lead? Or maybe the power lead has been pushed up into the lining.

Peter

Yes it is powered thru the same cable that sent its footage to the front main unit.

Ok it’s not an F770. It won’t fit the current window mount. The mount in the box that came with the 770 has peg spacing slightly smaller than the one on my windscreen. Could it then be an 800?

Peter

Ok it’s not an F770. It won’t fit the current window mount. The mount in the box that came with the 770 has peg spacing slightly smaller than the one on my windscreen. Could it then be an 800?

Peter
Should read slightly larger than the one on the windscreen apologies.

Should read slightly larger than the one on the windscreen apologies.
Interesting, sorry for the incorrect identification. The only other thing I can think of would be an 800, but I suppose it's not outside the realm of possibilities that it's something different.

The mounts are identical in design just the pins are spaced slightly different and it does say the two are different online so I’ll see if I can find someone today on the big AMG drive to Brighton that has one and I can try and fit it.

Back