DashCam Identification help

Shaky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently use a Nextbase 622GW in the car with great results. However, I've just bought a used Mercedes Sprinter for my work and although it appears to have a dashcam fitted to the windscreen, there's no instructions in the manual and the previous owner doesn't appear to know anything about it either. He seems to be of the understanding that this is the Van's built-in camera but looking online, that shouldn't be visible from inside the cab.

I want to find out if it is an aftermarket one or not and in either case, figure out how to activate it as it will be a bonus to me coz I won't have to buy another cam for the van, or keep removing my 622gW out of the car.

To that end, I've attached a few pics of it below to see if anyone here can ID the make and/or model for me. TIA:-

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

I currently use a Nextbase 622GW in the car with great results. However, I've just bought a used Mercedes Sprinter for my work and although it appears to have a dashcam fitted to the windscreen, there's no instructions in the manual and the previous owner doesn't appear to know anything about it either. He seems to be of the understanding that this is the Van's built-in camera but looking online, that shouldn't be visible from inside the cab.

I want to find out if it is an aftermarket one or not and in either case, figure out how to activate it as it will be a bonus to me coz I won't have to buy another cam for the van, or keep removing my 622gW out of the car.

To that end, I've attached a few pics of it below to see if anyone here can ID the make and/or model for me. TIA:-

View attachment 59074

View attachment 59075

View attachment 59076

View attachment 59077

View attachment 59078

I don’t know the product but I noticed it has a TF slot.
If it powers up Chuck a memory card in it let it record for say a minute and see what files you get.
It might identify itself that way.

Follow the wires and see if they go to the fuse box or perhaps a control box.

Good point about grabbing a file. If you're happy to share then someone with a hex editor might be able to see a bit more.

I noticed the card slot myself. I'll have to see if I've got a card reader on my lappie and do as you suggest - cheers.

Back