Dashcam keeps saying "check SD Card"

If I were buying another, I would buy the Samsung. That is for no particular reason and not a recommendation.

Yes. But as I said, the choice would be entirely arbitrary as I have not had problems with either.

Yes. But as I said, the choice would be entirely arbitrary as I have not had problems with either.
Only reason why I am debating is bcs of this
Article that claims that SanDisk max has 10-15 year warranty.

Yep. Card is knackered. Get a new one, but make sure it's a high endurance card (I have a mix of Samsung and at least one SanDisk in 64GB and 128GB sizes).
The bigger the card the better. Not necessarily because you can 'get more on them' (pretty pointless anyway) but because the write cycles are reduced. A card that's twice as big, in theory, and with everything else being equal, should last twice as long but don't cost twice as much.
I also keep a spare in both my car and my wife's. Two reasons. To cover the occasional "Check SD card" problem and if I need to preserve some video, I can swap the cards to make certain that I don't lose the video that I want to keep.

In my limited experience, the "Check SD card" problem is usually recoverable by formatting the card, but as you have found, not always. Indeed, I have had one occasion when my PC read the 'faulty' card 'as is' and a reformat revived it no prob.
Decided to go for the sandisk max endurance, just can't decide whether to get the 128GB or the 256GB- which costed double then the 128 GB .
I tried to check thru Google how many hours of video the 128gb card would be able to storage before overwrite the files again, and couldn't find any clear info about that.
Would you have an idea how many hours the 128gb would be able to store ?

Yes. Look on the BV website. Or Google it. BV have a table of stuff like that that's dead easy to find, but I am on my phone ATM and its a pain. Whichever you go for, just make sure that you have a spare card in the car at all tmes.

Just put "Blackvue recording time" into Google. Its all there with no complicated calculations.

EDIT.
OK On my computer now

Last edited:
Hi all , hope you all doing well.

I have had my dash cam for about a year or so ,
And suddenly today it started saying
"Check SD card"

Since I was parked for 2 days without turning my car engine On , and being that my camera is installed and using my cars battery 24/7 , I did have some problem in the morning with my cars battery not turning the engine on, so I unplugged the dash cam to see if that would help with turning my engine on and it indeed it helped. Once my car engine was on, I repluged my dash cam and as far as I know all went usual but then later in the day thats when it started saying check SD card.

I have tried to format the SD card thru the format button. Didn't help. I have taken out the card and put it back in. Didn't help.

I was trying to connect thru wifi to the app but it seems to me that the camera would turn on wifi and immediately turn it off automatically since there is no SD card or if the SD card is making problems.

My SD Card is the original SD card that came with the dash cam .

So I thought I would ask you guys of the wonderful community on here if there is anything you can advice me to do to get this issue solved.

Does blackvue provide warranty on those types of errors ? Would they send me a new card ?

What else can I try to do to get the issue fixed ?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Update: I got a brand new sandisk max endurance 128GB , put it into the dash cam , and device still keeps saying "check SD card" [emoji22].
What can I do ? Does that mean that camera got defective ?

Did you format the SD on the computer?

Did you format the SD on the computer?
You just bit me with that. Just 5 minutes ago. I thought let me try to do a format thru the dash cam. Did the format and started to work[emoji846].
I hope i didn't ruin anything by doing the format. But so far it seems to be working.

No, it'll be fine. On the odd occasion that mine hasn't formatted in the cam (not the Samsung or the other128), it has formatted in the BV program on my computer, with one exception that was an el-cheapo card.

Back