Dashcam keeps turning on wifi all the time without me turning it it on

John8484

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone knows why it keeps turning on automatically? I keep turning it off but it keeps turning on all the time.

What about the option “Wi-fi auto turn on” in the Wi-Fi section? (at least DR900S has it)

Last edited:
Yep. The 750 does too.

IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING WHAT THIS POST IS ALL ABOUT, THE POST TO WHICH IT REFERS WAS DELETED BY THE POSTER.

KIS. Don't have the OP poking around with the wiring when the problem could be that WiFi is set to auto.
Until the OP comes back with an answer to the question at post #2 (the most likely cause, and a simple fix) there is little point in speculating further.

Last edited:
KIS. Don't have the OP poking around with the wiring when the problem could be that WiFi is set to auto.
Until the OP comes back with an answer to the question at post #2 (the most likely cause, and a simple fix) there is little point in speculating further.
You are right. I misread the title and was blind to the WiFi reference. Have deleted my post and will pay more attention in the future.

When someone asks a question and possibly gets the fix from the forum, to never respond with a result is a bit rude in my humble opinion. I don't know why it bothers me but it does. Feels like a waste of time.

Yep. And peeps who delete their posts that others have commented on.

Yep. And peeps who delete their posts that others have commented on.
Ummm... well, off track from dashcam stuff I can explain that. My world of work contains a principle that you don't tell people what not to do. This has been one my guiding lights for the last 21 years and evidence suggests that you should indeed only show or tell people the actual intended action. As a human passing through the evolutionary process I make mistakes. When this mistake was noted I could have ignored, edited, or deleted it. By deleting it my intention was to remove any possibility of error from someone following my incorrect information and I noted my action as a reply rather than a new post to indicate to others that my post was in relation to the M8TJT post.

Back