Dashcam law in Illinois?

Sawmaster, I couldn't agree more, Daleg, bit of a sweeping statement that doesn't fit all, one of my cop cousins was convicted of assault age 14, but still allowed to be a cop, I myself am a former approved repo agent have worked extensively with the police in uk for years, and for years saw nothing but corruption, I appreciate this is uk not usa.
I am the first to say amongst the motley crew of plod are many fantastic police officers who do a very difficult job with little thanks, much the same as our respective military do, it's just a pity that the dodgy cops make the work more dangerous for the decent ones.
I have been in prison, twice convicted on cops lies, the last case was thrown out though after 4 cops positively identified myself , who have never met me as the guy wearing the full face balaclava, yes seriously fortunately I was able to prove I wasn't even in the country, but this still got all the way to crown court(I chose crown court), cops/cps knew it was likely to get thrown out, "I" walked into the court with a bag on my head upon being asked to and removing bag to reveal a balaclava clad person and the words you must recognise me now were said to which "I" was invited forward when asked to confirm identity being such and such NO was the answer then "I" removed his balaclava to reveal it was my mate not I, yes we got a bollocking for this theatrics the judge had already decided to throw case out, solicitor was present throughout but not agreed about tactics, long story short pathetic case thrown out.
Like I said this is uk but I don't imagine any different from usa, imo the biggest crims not yet caught wear uniforms.

one of my cop cousins was convicted of assault age 14, but still allowed to be a cop,

Generally in the US, with some exceptions for certain types of crimes, youthful minor misdemeanant offenders have their records sealed when they age out. Petty crimes of youth should not forever stain you.

I have been in prison, twice convicted on cops lies,

Hmmmm...reminds me of something someone recently said....oh yes...see below....

I find that people who hold a general disdain for law enforcement, judges, etc. tend to be or have been on the wrong side of the fence at one time or another. Those who say they have suffered at the hands of law enforcement or the CJ system....over and over.... have generally been arrested, charged with a crime, etc. ... usually the problem is or was a self inflicted gun shot wound with a bullet made of their own poor judgement. It's like attorneys.....everybody says they hate attorneys....but they love to hire attorneys. You hate police, yet you call 911

Phil.....Reddit...just so you know...is NOT a good legal resource.
I find that people who hold a general disdain for law enforcement, judges, etc. tend to be or have been on the wrong side of the fence at one time or another. Those who say they have suffered at the hands of law enforcement or the CJ system....over and over.... have generally been arrested, charged with a crime, etc. ... usually the problem is or was a self inflicted gun shot wound with a bullet made of their own poor judgement. It's like attorneys.....everybody says they hate attorneys....but they love to hire attorneys. You hate police, yet you call 911. Keep reading....keep giving out bad advice...after all, it's not you...it's always somebody else's fault isn't it?

I've never used, read, or been on reddit in my life nor have I recommended reading that which comes from such socially driven sites- quite the contrary. Apparently you're the one with the problem here because if you had read and comprehended my posts you would understand that you are proving my points about how poor the US legal system has become, so please continue your flaming of me personally without proof, logic, or sanity as you seem to do that well enough. I shall no longer respond to you Daleg because I prefer intelligent discussions, of which you are apparently not capable of having.

Good Day Sir.
Phil

I'm not disagreeing with you Daleg, you are right for most people most of the time, but there are exceptions, I have got away with most likely 90% of stuff I have done, mostly down to cps doing a crap job, or cops being bent, but two wrongs don't make a right, cops should set an example and above all else obey the law they represent, yes it pisses me off I got done for two crimes I didn't do, well it used to I now spend my time helping others to find loop holes in the law.
Trust me at least here in the uk, I can cast iron guarantee you even most solicitors I talk to on a weekly basis do not trust the police, it used to be said of Norfolk courts that if you were accused by the police you were guilty as the courts DID do what the police wanted, it's the other way around now not even the courts trust the police.
Just to put things into perspective my best mate IS a cop but I rarely admit this as it loses you trust from others, he's a bike traffic cop, a inspector who admits he doesn't trust the police!!

So...this is where I have to shake my head Tabetha...this is the problem....you have gotten away with 90% of your wrong doing....but you get upset with someone...in this case...courts and cops....when you get caught and don't think your wrong. They should obey the law...it shouldn't apply to me though. It's not meant as a personal shot but you do have to see the irony in that don't you?
Not all cops are good....everybody can agree with that, there is no perfection in any occupation. We hope...by testing, selection, backgrounds, etc. that our choices in police officers are good choices. I think that 99% are good and good at their jobs....but that's my opinion. I myself have never had a bad run in with the police...with the exception of a few speeding tickets...which quite frankly....I was speeding and rather deserving of. I tend to say of most, if you find yourself interacting with the police or courts on a frequent basis...with the label of defendant...they are likely victims of their own poor choices and bad judgement. I'm okay with people not liking the police, it's human nature.....statements that all cops are bad or the courts are crooked....are just foolish....if someone has the right to make them, Then others certainly have the right to disagree. I'm okay with you or anyone helping those who need a defense provided you are capable and competent in doing so. I'm also big on accepting personal responsibility. You don't need a defense for everything, sometimes we just need to say "yep, I did it and I was wrong." Does the legal system...everywhere....need a revamp? Oh yes....figure out a fix and you'll be a billionaire....until then, it's the best we have and despite its kinks, it's working okay. I shake my head when poor legal advice is given....I shake my head when the anti everything crowd chants "We don't need police/courts/jails...shut down the jails and do away with courts!" Whatever, its beyond reasonable thinking.....but what really makes me cringe, and I see it frequently...what carries peril...is that person who is smart enough to sound intelligent, read a few articles to convey the basics....to the uninformed....they sound really smart....I suppose if I'm math ignorant and you tell me 2 +2 is 5.... You must be a expert because I have no clue. We must be careful least we run afoul...turns out some people don't know so much after all....and what's your recourse...bad legal advice can cost you money, your freedom and much much more. You can find some basic answers to basic questions here....but if you want good legal advice, you don't get it in an Internet forum.

sorry can't be bothered to read that much be as personal as you like, the first time I was put in prison was for threats to kill I said god I could kill her reffering to a nurse I didn't get on with, shortly after I had come out of a coma with a gcs of 3, after 6 weeks in prison/remand the case was thrown out, I don't have to and won't justify myself to you, the reason I only got annoyed for a little while was because overall so many **** ups on plods part, I have a organic personality disorder caused by loss of grey matter from the left parietal lobe and irregular mishapen left ventricle, as well as aspergers so make no apologies,
You have your view I have mine simple as that, not every one in the world agrees with every body else.

An unlawful command does not have to be followed. Of course, then again you have no rights until you are in a courtroom so it will not end well if you do not comply and have an attitude. They might just make something up and screw you in the long run.

Back