Dashcam Mini died after 8 hours

Are you using the Garmin parking cable? Be sure the 12v lead is attached to al always-on source, and the ACC lead is attached to a fuse that turns off when the car is off. If the 12v lead is plugged into a source that turns off when the car is off it’ll obviously turn the camera off.

Are you using the Garmin parking cable? Be sure the 12v lead is attached to al always-on source, and the ACC lead is attached to a fuse that turns off when the car is off. If the 12v lead is plugged into a source that turns off when the car is off it’ll obviously turn the camera off.

I have the park mode cable, Red wire is ACC so goes to switched live (so when I turn ignition on camera comes on) Yellow wire is Battery Permanent live...

I have a 2019 Mercedes Aclass and have found that fuse box in passenger footwell has two free fuse slots - Fuse 125 is ignition live and fuse 162 is permanent live.

Now here’s the funny thing! If I put wires to correct fuse locations, red to ignition live fuse 125 and yellow to permanent live fuse 162 camera doesn’t work!

I swap them around and camera works but shuts down when I turn car off!

It’s driving me crazy

If the camera shuts down on ignition off, then both of your wires are on a switched circuit.

wondering if it's better to buy the garmin 46 instead of the mini? currently the 46 is selling cheaper than the mini eventhough the msrp is greater on the 46.

Or just get a Thinkware F800 Pro. It never overheats and works perfectly. Expensive tho.

I wonder if thinkware is better than blackvue? i'm looking at the app store and it seems the last update was over 2mos ago, while blackvue was pretty recent. Garmin seems to update pretty frequently as well

Back