Dashcam Mount for Rear Window?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
I just had the windows tinted on my 2012 Honda CR-V and I'm about to have my son's Mazda 3 done as well. I'm concerned about using the Viofo A129 3M mount on the tinted rear windows on both cars. Does anyone know of an alternative way of mounting the rear window dashcam?

Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I have also tinted windows
010957f4c41432c6648f85cf425390ff.jpg
(95%) and my camera Xiaomi Yi is mounted (3M tape) and I didn't have any problems.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just had the windows tinted on my 2012 Honda CR-V and I'm about to have my son's Mazda 3 done as well. I'm concerned about using the Viofo A129 3M mount on the tinted rear windows on both cars. Does anyone know of an alternative way of mounting the rear window dashcam?

Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
There might be something in this thread that could help - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/where-did-you-mount-the-camera-post-your-pictures.502/

You could maybe go off the frame like i have done, or since the Honda are a higher end car than mine it probably have some plastic trim there.
img_20180412_191820-jpg.37452

Other guy off plastic trim.
y4miQgQv9z3VxdmFhTegxODU78LXqWk-ic6YGWi2YTiIIy54W6BpQoVTJeBr0yLEU8qQUEX2U-cswVpaKd6DatO7FMRO0EJFm3qyZsYDg6gJaQZNR55OheG0N8s5l_sbAyJb67nA9HTTgFKbY4hB8nwtQT9J3o-FmSEeotJprGD0l4doivtmSbRAYhEuUjG-RancHI7l8FSo60HK_NxsygEHw

y4mQPzxYXFUlRijIScTwg_CXD_9phUIh1flOWaVaj-caFBwE5b8hCST-w7_Ok8xA_Wi0SLp3P-yfGMm8Ag1N5NWzIgj_E1NoySp4sA0vE3w1mD8z8kmphMO5Qpkfed8d5QAAyBkgT_vNrY1msl_J-on1oSinPHdmSE7NdEn4jIxuYb-lHjnOsGxV7EXfpOJIj9JLaIKYWcBeSzOCxq42pBGCA

#1 i think are to get your lens as close as possible to the glass, so you don't have any of those annoying heater lines in the footage.

PS. mounting off the plastic you might need something else then the provided sticky pads as they seem to be a type better suited for the fairly flat even glass.

Older car. Tint was applied 6 years ago but when I did it, I asked the installer about sticking stuff onto it. I was asking about my highway transponder. He did it for me right away. Said there was no problem. I have since removed and moved the sticky tabs. The tint is like a rock. If in doubt, ask your installer. I find they are always helpful and if not, find another.

Older car. Tint was applied 6 years ago but when I did it, I asked the installer about sticking stuff onto it. I was asking about my highway transponder. He did it for me right away. Said there was no problem. I have since removed and moved the sticky tabs. The tint is like a rock. If in doubt, ask your installer. I find they are always helpful and if not, find another.
Sounds good. Thanks!

Back