dashcam no longer working correctly through GPS mount

stuckintheoffice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having solved the memory card problem, my A119 dashcam was working great until...

Randomly, during a long motorway drive, I started hearing the startup noise it makes. A while later, it did it again...and then again. Bascially it seem to be restarting intermittently.
I had a look at the footage when I got home and some of the files are corrupted. Others work fine. I assume, but don't know, that the corrupted files are when the restart problem was occuring (everything looks a bit the same on the motorway!).

I took the power lead out the GPS port and instead put it straight into the camera, and it works fine this way. But isnt ideal as I don't have any location or speed information.

I've only had the camera for six months, do I need a replacement GPS unit?

You should have gps info embedded in the file. Others have said your work around does still power the gps unit.

Re the question of a return others on here are better able to answer.

Having solved the memory card problem, my A119 dashcam was working great until...

Randomly, during a long motorway drive, I started hearing the startup noise it makes. A while later, it did it again...and then again. Bascially it seem to be restarting intermittently.
I had a look at the footage when I got home and some of the files are corrupted. Others work fine. I assume, but don't know, that the corrupted files are when the restart problem was occuring (everything looks a bit the same on the motorway!).

I took the power lead out the GPS port and instead put it straight into the camera, and it works fine this way. But isnt ideal as I don't have any location or speed information.

I've only had the camera for six months, do I need a replacement GPS unit?
GPS should still function when powering the camera directly.

Hi
Many thanks for the replies. I've had another look and there is no speed information or GPS location to be seen :-(

Back