Dashcam not playing nicely with stop/start system

Syncros

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice here.

I have my 522GW hardwired into a perminant live within my fusebox. Every now and then when my car restarts from a stop/start cycle the dashcam will lose power and come back in various states of confusion. Sometimes it'll turn straight back on and will continue to function normally, other times it'll be remain off until turned back on manually, very occasionally it'll come back on and appear to be functioning normally but appear to be ignoring the auto off feature and just stay on all the time.

Parking mode and auto off are both on. Wondering how best to handle this, i'm guessing if the battery was in good condition it would compensate for the brief blip in power while the car turns over? Has anyone with stop/stop in their car found a solution?

Thanks in advance

Stop start I have posted about many times. It's an issue that can only be solved by finding a circuit that doesn't lose power when the starter is cranked.

I don't know about other manufacturers but Honda have provided a special port that requires an 'Option Connector' plug.

In my limited experience though, the circuits that only become live under ignition key position 2 are the ones more likely to not lose power.

Sadly not, my system fed thru a fuse, only live when ignition turned on. Parking mode off. But never had an issue with stop/start, although it has been brought up a few times. As Kremmen says, try another fuse.

If nextbase offers a solution to power the cam through the OBD port, those will also solve the problem.

If nextbase offers a solution to power the cam through the OBD port, those will also solve the problem.
Might have a problem feeding a big numb lump of plastic through the dash board

Looking for some advice here.

I have my 522GW hardwired into a perminant live within my fusebox. Every now and then when my car restarts from a stop/start cycle the dashcam will lose power and come back in various states of confusion. Sometimes it'll turn straight back on and will continue to function normally, other times it'll be remain off until turned back on manually, very occasionally it'll come back on and appear to be functioning normally but appear to be ignoring the auto off feature and just stay on all the time.

Parking mode and auto off are both on. Wondering how best to handle this, i'm guessing if the battery was in good condition it would compensate for the brief blip in power while the car turns over? Has anyone with stop/stop in their car found a solution?

Thanks in advance
Hello,

I'd recommend the following two things:
1. Try a different permanently live power port.
2. Remove the SD card and then press the reset button on the underside of the dashcam. If you now do the same restarts as previous does the camera still have the same power issues?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Might have a problem feeding a big numb lump of plastic through the dash board

You don't mention what kind of car you have. You don't have an OBD port inside the car under the dash?

Oh yes I do, Volvo xc60

Back