Dashcam Randomly Powers Down After Starting the Car

percyv143

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I have 2 DR750S-2CH.
I mostly use the 2 cars and I had observed that it randomly power down the dashcam when I start the car and it reboots back to normal recording.
Never had this issue before.
Both cars has an sd card formatted from the unit.
Both car batts are new and 400Amp-start specs.
Anybody experienced the same issue?

Thank you.
Percy

Hi

Do you use a Power Magic Pro or something?

Some (most?) cars switch off the Aux supply when you start the car with the key in the Start position. If the cam's capacitor does not 'hold up' during the starting routine, the cam will shut down, then restart when the key is returned to the Aux position.
Could it be this that is causing your problem?

HI. I use a PowerMagic Pro for Parking Mode power supply.
This happens intermittently and I had observed that even after a few hours that this reboot happens after restarting the car.
Sometimes, even after an overnight, it does not reboot when starting the car.
Thank you for the replies.

I had the same issue with the PMP.
Voltage drops during cranking and it is enough to make the dashcam reboot.
This problem has gone since I use a Multisafer VU

What I had experienced this morning is different.
As soon as I open the car's door, I heard the dashcam 'Powering Down' audio voice.
I think I had more incidents of 'Powering Down' when I open the door than when restarting the car.
Thank you.

Same issue, voltage drops too low with electric door opening.
I've noticed the same thing on my car with PMP.

Try to set PMP to 12.5V for some days.

Voltage drops during cranking and it is enough to make the dashcam reboot.
Now you have said it, that seems the most likely reason to me as well Chris.
Try to set PMP to 12.5V for some days.
How will that help?

Sorry, setting to 12.5V will not help.
My bad.

My car1 batt is new and my car2 is 2yrs old and it has the same issue.
I have my PMP set at 11.8Vdc/12hrs.
Thank you for the info.

Even if you battery is new, if the power drops at any moment, PMP disconnects.
It depends also on the driving time before parking mode, if this time is too short, the battery has no time to recharge.

Try with a FineSafer or Finesafer VU.
PMP shuts down as soon as low voltage reached.
FineSafer has a 30s delay, if voltage drops and increase again there is no shutdown.

I am also experiencing this issue since Monday. Every time I start my car the dash cam will Disconnect and turn off. I have to unplug the dash cam and plug it back in for it to start up again. I'm using the Cellink Battery B 2nd Generation as my power source to my dash cam and I have the battery pack hardwired into my car's accessory fuse. I've had this setup since November 2017. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the latest firmware update.

Even if you battery is new, if the power drops at any moment, PMP disconnects.
It depends also on the driving time before parking mode, if this time is too short, the battery has no time to recharge.

Try with a FineSafer or Finesafer VU.
PMP shuts down as soon as low voltage reached.
FineSafer has a 30s delay, if voltage drops and increase again there is no shutdown.
Hey, Chris - where do you have your PMP installed in your car?

HI. I use a PowerMagic Pro for Parking Mode power supply.
This happens intermittently and I had observed that even after a few hours that this reboot happens after restarting the car.
Sometimes, even after an overnight, it does not reboot when starting the car.
Thank you for the replies.
Hey, Percy - how about you? Where is your PMP installed in your car? Reason I ask - I may have to reinstall mine and I'm trying to see where most guys have theirs.

I don't use PMP anymore.
Now I have a Finesafer VU, installed on my dashboard.

No, it was in the fuse box but not easy to use main switch for parking mode, it was one reason to move to Finesafer VU.

No, it was in the fuse box but not easy to use main switch for parking mode, it was one reason to move to Finesafer VU.
Yeah, that's where my installation guy put mine too. I take it Finesafer VU does the same thing as PMP? How much does it cost?

Same protection function, but more possibilities to adjust time and low level shutdown voltage.
I've bought it for EUR 30 (about USD 35) on Amazon.fr, sold by Cardashcamshop in UK.

I have equipped 2 vehicles with Finesafer VU and I'm really happy with it.
See my previous Posts, I've tested different models of voltage shutdown items.

Back