Dashcam rebooting every 2 minutes

lancer6238

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi all,

I have a similar problem to this one, but I've tried reformatting my SD card twice, and it still didn't work.

First, all 3 LED would go off for about a second, then the REC light would come on first, followed by the GPS light, then the WIFI light. And I would hear the voice guide saying "GPS is connected", and "Continuous recording will now start". This happens every 2 minutes during my 30-min drive. I also tried to connect to the dashcam via Wifi, but pressing the Wifi button didn't seem to do anything.

Other features like speedcam warning, or the detection of cars ahead of me moving off still work.

I've only had the dashcam for just under a year, what can I do to troubleshoot this?

Thank you.

What micro SD card are you using? Have you tried replacing the micro SD card?

Probably a bad SD card or a unit that's overheated.

I've not changed the sd card yet, as I don't have a spare one on me. Which brand of sd card should I get?

The unit doesn't feel hot when I touch it.

Look around in the forum as there are many people who have success with different cards.

I use Sandisk Ultra A1, but Samsung Pro U3 cards work.

What SD card were you using?

I was using the Thinkware card. Anyway, I replaced the card with another Thinkware card from my old dashcam, and it seems ok now. So it is the card issue.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Back