Dashcam records around Delhi

simplybest

Reaction score
Country
India
After shifting back to India from the US, I bought the vehicle and joined an IT org in Noida.
I am using dashcam for about 2 years now and I started a Youtube channel sometime back.

Earlier it was mostly about traffic violations which I considered unnecessary and wonder why people take such steps.
Later I changed the pattern to post videos of driving around cities, within the city, to major expressways, etc.

Please review the channel and share the feedback which would help me immensely to improve the channel...nothing is perfect! :)

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjbxtM0nZu69bS2QpDPk_0Q

Here is a trivia -
Count number of 2 wheelers in the video:

I feel like i should petition my politician and have him make sure Indians can not rent / operate any form of vehicle when visiting my country.
I somehow feel thats more safe for us all.

The only powered vehicle better than a small motorcycle for getting through that much traffic is a horse, but they have no place to plug in a dashcam :ROFLMAO: No amount of money could make me live and drive in such a place. A week or two of that would put me in a rubber room drooling all over myself and mumbling incomprehensibly :eek:

Phil

And most of those 2 wheelers are 2 stroke and burn as much oil as it do gasoline, so no wonder a few of the most smoggy towns in the top 10 are Indian towns.

And most of those 2 wheelers are 2 stroke and burn as much oil as it do gasoline, so no wonder a few of the most smoggy towns in the top 10 are Indian towns.

Not anymore. Some old models are visible here and there but it's mostly 4 stroke. I had one back in the 90's, Suzuki Shogun, was the only 14 BHP available here back then. Friend had the Yamaha RX100. Both were fun bikes.

Thats what quantify a mopen in most EU countries, and kids can drive them, here a kid moped have 2 BHP and cant do more than 30 km/h and you even have to be 16 and licensed to drive it.
14 BHP is what quantify a beginner motorcycle here, which you must drive for a year if you are 18 and just gotten your license,,,,, a license you probably took on a 4-500 CCM motorcycle.

Me as a 53 YO old idiot i can go and buy a 230 BHP crotch rocket and drive it home from my MC drivers test,,,,,,,,, which tell a little about the people Danes vote for,,,,, and so also the Danes them self. :rolleyes:

And still the people in traffic here that get most hurt if you factor the numbers up, well it is boys on mopeds. So maybe there is something wrong with kids here.

I drive in India, admittedly not in the bigger cities where I tend to hire a car and driver but everybody drives there like there is no tomorrow and everybody is trying to get in front of you but the big thing I noticed is there’s no road rage at all. Try any of those moves in the UK and you’d have drivers getting out having fights.

It’s like a well oiled, choreographed mess which just seems to work?

I drive in India, admittedly not in the bigger cities where I tend to hire a car and driver but everybody drives there like there is no tomorrow and everybody is trying to get in front of you but the big thing I noticed is there’s no road rage at all. Try any of those moves in the UK and you’d have drivers getting out having fights.

It’s like a well oiled, choreographed mess which just seems to work?

I don't remember who said it but yes, there's a "method to the madness". Road rage though is very common.

Basic road etiquettes and stuff like 'right of way' you guys take for granted, is not a given here. Need to be alert at all times. Might come across as a nightmare but it's actually not so bad.

Really, I’ve never seen any road rage, I have a house in Bhuj, Gujarat so that’s where I do my driving, do drive quite a bit so sometimes drive to Mandvi which is the nearest beach.

I have seen some suicidal driving so maybe that is a form of road rage?

Normally, last week in July I’d be flying out for 4-5 weeks but with COVID-19 this year I don’t think I’ll be flying anywhere, this year at least.

Back