Dashcam suggestions- 3 channels

cerivera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Going down the dashcam rabbit hole..... So many different possibilities...... Looking for a suggestion on one that does Front, rear, and interior but also has wifi. Tempted at Vantrue N4 but it doesn't have wifi. How is vantrue as a brand?

Thanks in advance!

Going down the dashcam rabbit hole..... So many different possibilities...... Looking for a suggestion on one that does Front, rear, and interior but also has wifi. Tempted at Vantrue N4 but it doesn't have wifi. How is vantrue as a brand?

Thanks in advance!
Vantrue is rarely recommended here, for issues such as firmware updates adding more problems than they solve.

Not many 3 channel cameras about, Viofo A139 is my favorite and that does have fast wifi. HonestReview will probably be along soon to point out that it doesn't record in air temperatures above 70 degrees C though!...

Welcome to DCT @cerivera :)

It's either the N4 or the A139; AFAIK no other decent 3-channel cams are out there yet. I'm sure we will see one or two more good ones within a year or so :cool:
Vantrue isn't very responsive to issues and is light on FW updates and tech support too. Good build quality, usually early in adopting new features, but they don't chase vid quality and performance. And the N4 still comes only with a suction mount, not the best for permanent installs. A large-ish and clunky form-factor too. Solid but boring cams; not a bad choice but not a good choice either. The N4 does what they say, our member "Sunny" has an excellent review on it HERE. The A139 has lots of reviews and discussion ongoing, the wifi and app are as good as dashcams get, and there has been added development recently. Viofo strives for vid quality and the A139 does very well in that regard. Form-factor is good, remote cams small, and the small coax cam cabling easy to run. Comes with a sticky-mount which is tight and solid.

My A139 is superb, but some others are having some issues. I think it beats the N4 in every way, but might be wise to wait and see about the recently-discovered issues before buying the A139. It's worth a bit of waiting.

Phil

Back