Dashcam that STOPS recording when parked w/hot 12-volt

MikeOrlando

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have a number of Garmin Dashcam 30's and some of our vehicles have hot 12-volt outlets that remain on even when the vehicle ignition is off. The issue is these cameras record 24/7 and degrade the media card in a few months. Really would like something that stops recording within a few minutes of being parked. Is there a camera out there I should be looking at or is the best solution to rewire so the 12-volt outlets turn off with the vehicles?

Use hardwire kits with user-set voltage cut-off. Set that to the highest level and the power will drop in around an hour or two automatically. If you're into some electronic DIY there are timer kits which could be activated by a voltage cut kit, and combined that would let you choose how long the cams go after the key is switched off.

I'm still pulling ciggie plugs for some of my cams when I park. At first I'd sometimes forget but now it's a habit to check so no problem other than being a bit inconvenient.

Phil

Wouldn't be hard to splice in a toggle switch in the lighter circuit using the PS's in there now ;)

I've got my driving cams on one switch now and I like it. My ciggie plugs are for my always-on cam and ones I'm testing. Better than I had it before but it's not yet a finished project :)

Phil

We recently came out with our own hardwire kit. It has a built-in timer switch and voltage protection settings you can easily adjust. Its universal and works with any dash cam. It uses a cigarette socket, so you'll need a usb cigarette charger to plug in the USB to power on. It's available on Amazon :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07PCS554H

The improved RS-21S/RS-21-ST is out now that replaces the RS-20S/RS-20ST. (Added a few features + indicators, enhanced over all power supply quality)
I'll ask @niko to update that thread soon with the details.

1565029274228.png

English Translations Coming Soon:

区别1.jpg区别2.jpg区别3.jpg区别4.jpg区别5.jpg

Back