Dashcam that streams into app

iLucian

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello everyone!

I'd like to ask for your advice for a dashcam that can stream directly into an Android app. The thing is that normal WiFi dashcams don't work for me because I also want to have Mobile data connectivity at the same time, and for some reason Android doesn't allow using WiFi and GSM data at the same time. Now there are 2 ways of doing this.

Either having a camera that streams over USB into the phone (using OTG or something similar). Now this option should also be able to charge the device (phone, tablet) in the meantime so that it doesn't discharge. I know it's a lot to ask, I've been searching online for days and I couldn't find something like this.

Another option is using WiFi Direct. Through some fluke, WiFi Direct is actually allowed in Android alongside GSM data. This is just like when you use your data plan and share it with people by creating your own access point.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. This is the first part of the project. The next part will be streaming the video directly into MY app, which I'm working on. I know it's pretty hard, but I'm going about this one step at a time.

You mean something like this?

Thanks MiiHere for the great video. I am myself interested in a Wifi Direct dashcam. Any recommendation ?

As soon as we are talking wifi, then there seem to be a lag in the footage, at least with the hardware in use at the time.
But the newer up and coming stuff should as far as i know be able to do it with a pretty low amount of lag

So your recommendation for a streaming dashcam would be to select a usb or a bluetooth for the time being?

Back