Dashcam Viewer App will not accept Thinkware's password

knapp7

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had a Thinkware F770 Dash Cam on my car for more than 4 years now, and the Thinkware Dashcam Viewer app on my iPhone for the same time. Both of which have worked flawlessly since installed. Now suddenly when I try to use the phone app, once the phone detects the F770 WiFi connection it will not accept Thinkware's "123456789" password. On my F770, the password was "set once and forget." I've never had to re-enter it since originally installing the app 4 years ago. It always auto connected. Now however it does not, even if I manually re-enter the number, it's rejected. I double checked the current user manual on Thinkware's web site, and the same password is still showing today. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. Same problem. The only thing I can think of is that I upgrades the camera's firmware to Thinkware's latest version ( V1.00.08) a couple of months ago. Anyone have any suggestions on what I have to do to make the iPhone app work now? I'm stumped.

I can't explain why the password seems to have changed but if it has a Settings Reset should put it back to default (it will also reset everything else so please recheck afterwards)

Power the camera on and let it start recording & connect to gps and then press & hold the Manual Record & Format buttons together for about 5 seconds until you hear a few rapid beeps. Once you hear the beeps it's Reset so try and connect again.

Hope that helps..

Steve

Thank you Steve. That worked! (y)

It took a couple of reset attempts, but the connection was finally re-established. And it appears to be holding as it automatically reconnected a second time after shutoff the car's engine and retrying later when I started the car again. And yes I had to reset the the other camera settings, but that was easy using the app.

Back