Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

traveler

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V2, SG9665GC, SG9663DCPro + many more
Hi everyone. We just released version 1.2 of Dashcam Viewer, which adds support for the 3-axis shock sensors in the BlackVue DR400/500, Mini 0801, and Panorama II dashcam models. Data from these sensors are displayed in the Graph window. This version can be downloaded from:

http://earthshinesw.com/dashcam-viewer/

We are also pleased to announce the release of Dashcam Viewer for Windows. The Windows version offers the same capabilities as the Mac version, plus some additional controls for the brightness and contrast of the video. Although the Mac version has been field tested for a few weeks I'm calling the Windows version a "public beta" since this is its first release.

Changes in v1.2 include:
  • Added movie playback and GPS data support for Powerucc Panorama II dashcam. Dashcam Viewer now supports the Mini 0801, BlackVue DR400, DR500, and Powerucc Panorama II dashcams.
  • Added graphical displays of shock-sensor data for Panorama II, Mini 0801, and Blackvue DR400/500 cameras.
  • Preferences: Added “auto-fix” option for correcting biases between camera timezone setting and computer timezone setting. Try this is you see the movie but the graph cursor is not moving.
  • Preferences: Timezone offset setting is no in hrs/min/sec instead of decimal hours.
  • Added Bring All To Front option under Windows menu
  • Increased digits displayed on cursor in Graph views for HDOP and Distance.
  • Updated URL to website
  • Updated User Manual
Screenshot of new G-Forces graph:
gforces.png

PM me if you run into any showstoppers.

Regards,
John

Just wanted to update this thread to announce Dashcam Viewer v1.4.2 for Mac with the following new features and bug fixes:

New Features:
  • Added new background image to fill the empty movie window void upon startup
  • Changed the wording of “kph” to “km/h” throughout program based on user recommendation
Bug Fixes:
  • Made internal improvements for dual-channel cameras (like the Blackvue DR550GW-2CH). If the rear camera movie’s file modification date was earlier than the front camera Dashcam Viewer would not play the rear channel.
A Windows DCV update should be coming in a week or so.

Thanks,
John

Why would one want to prefer this viewer over BlackVue's own viewer?

Why would one want to prefer this viewer over BlackVue's own viewer?

Yeshua, I've never run the native BlackVue software so I can't comment on its features, performance, or stability. I can say that Dashcam Viewer has some nerdular graphs that the BV player may not have (Altitude, HDOP, #GPS in View), a weather widget to recall the widget at the time and place of the recording, and GPX, CSV data export features.

John

Back