Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
There is a MAC version,,,,, but that maybe dont mean phone support ???? i am not familiar with the products of that brand.

Tyby

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Guys, I cannot seem to be able to export any video segment in 3.6.8 (Plus): "Movie duration: -1 seconds" --> "Duration must be shorter than -1.1 seconds".

Any clue?

With 3.6.7 there was no issue, same camera - A119s (in fact same videos).

Thanks!

OP
traveler

traveler

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V2, SG9665GC, SG9663DCPro + many more
@Tyby, I see that you are from Romania. If clearing the cache doesn't work, try this (from the FAQ)

If the your video durations shown in the Videos-Trips-Geotags window have a duration of “-0:01”, this indicates that the video files couldn’t be found by ffmpeg, which is used to extract meta data about the videos.

One reason is that you have a unicode character in your file path to your videos. Try moving the video to a directory whose path doesn’t include any unicode characters. Usually, drag/dropping the videos directly from the SD card onto Dashcam Viewer works.

-John

OP
traveler

traveler

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam

Dashcam Viewer v3.7.0 Released​

Dashcam Viewer v3.7.0 has been released for both Mac and Windows with the following new improvements:

New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for iTracker MINI 0906 TS format.
  • Added support for MINI 0906 TS format
  • Added support for NextBase 522GW by working around extraneous data point issue.
  • Reported compatible with GARMIN nuviCam LMTHD
New Features:
  • Added ability to "Clean Up" all sub-windows. Selecting Clean Up from the Windows menu will gather the Dashboard, Graph, Map, and Control Center window around the Main Window. You can control how the sub-windows are positioned by placing the Control Center and Dashboard windows in the approximate desired position before selecting Clean Up.
  • The "hard reset" procedure will now clear the GPS data cache in addition to resetting all the settings. As described in the Users Manual, a hard reset can be performed as follows:
    • Quit Dashcam Viewer
    • Hold down the Shift key
    • Start Dashcam Viewer
    • You will see a dialog box come up asking if you’d like to Reset All Settings. Click “Yes”.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug in which Show Fullscreen mode would not work correctly.
Dashcam-Viewer-CleanUp-Windows.jpg

Dashcam Viewer Plus and Dashcam Viewer PRO are PC/Mac applications that allow you to play your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com).

The free demo version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Kremmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
      Viofo A119 V2 Viofo A119 V3
Looks good, that auto tile will be very useful, thanks

Edit :

Oh, doesn't work for my choice of windows :(

3z3jaq4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
traveler

traveler

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
@Kremmen the problem is that there is not enough room left on your screen for Clean Up to insert the Dashboard and Graph windows. If you just shrink the vertical size of your main window by about 200 pixels then there will be enough room to complete the Clean Up. ;)

Kremmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
      Viofo A119 V2 Viofo A119 V3
OK, thanks.

With my dashcam resolution I find the 'missing' window takes up too much screen estate and the info on that window I don't need.

sdrawkcaB

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119v3, DR750S-2CH
Dashcam Viewer v3.7.0 Released
I used the built in update check to downloaded v3.7.0 for macOS 11.6. After unpacking the DMG and overwriting the existing application package folder, I encountered this message when trying to open it.

“Dashcam Viewer.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

I subsequently deleted the installed application folder, then attempted again to unpack and place the application back into the Applications folder, but once more encountered the same failure and message.

OP
traveler

traveler

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam