Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

I just installed the latest update, no video shows anymore. All I get is audio.

It seems if I select individual files they play fine, but when I select "Folder", it can't play the video files within.

Last edited:
Without more information, my guess is that there is a corrupt video in the folder that's affecting the bulk load. Try creating a new empty folder and move some of the video files into it. Then try the Open Movie Folder function of Dashcam Viewer to load all the videos in that folder. If the problem goes away, try adding some more videos into the folder. Rinse, repeat, until you zero-in on the problem video file.

Without more information, my guess is that there is a corrupt video in the folder that's affecting the bulk load. Try creating a new empty folder and move some of the video files into it. Then try the Open Movie Folder function of Dashcam Viewer to load all the videos in that folder. If the problem goes away, try adding some more videos into the folder. Rinse, repeat, until you zero-in on the problem video file.
Thanks, I'll give that a try when I return from work today. I do have separate folders for front and rear cameras and it happens with both directories.

Update: The issue was resolved after formatting the sd card from my dash cam. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Purchased a license, hoping our support is enough to keep you working on this!

Are there any plans in the near future to support more than 2 channels? Tesla Model 3 comes to mind, with 400,000 units sold, it could increase your customer base significantly. There's no GPS or audio data to worry about.

Thanks for purchasing, @DashBoat. :)

I would classify the videos produced by the Model 3 as "security cam" rather than "dash cam". Without the ability to record while driving (with GNSS augmentation), there really isn't much there for Dashcam Viewer. Software that's tailored for handling security cam footage would be a better fit for Tesla videos IMHO.

The Tesla Model 3 cameras can record while driving (3 angles for now), just like other dash cams (example). It can also record video while parked.

The Tesla Model 3 cameras can record while driving (3 angles for now), just like other dash cams (example). It can also record video while parked.
I think the point is it's just video though, it's like your Mobius, you don't need Dashcam Viewer to view it as it's just video

Yes after being what i would call a beginner and back then using registrator viewer, then i pretty fast changed to just use the player in windows as i don't really need what a dedicated dashcam player bring to the table.
The only reason i used RV for so long as i did was its easy to use cut tool i used to extract the bits i need for my uploads to YT, i have not changed to just using my video editing program to cut and glue parts together for my uploads.

I do value a good dashcam player, but it is just rare i use it, so very happy i have dashcam viewer via my SG products.

I think the point is it's just video though, it's like your Mobius, you don't need Dashcam Viewer to view it as it's just video
But I do need something which allows me to combine multiple feeds into 1 (shortened) video. There is free software on the market now, but since many 3 owners also have regular dash cams, I thought it would have been a great way to capture that additional potential revenue.

I'll let it go now :)

Dashcam Viewer v3.2.6 Released for Mac and Windows

New version out: Dashcam Viewer v3.2.6 was released today for both Mac and Windows. This version has the following new good stuff, including support for the INNOVV K2 with updated firmware:

New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for Transcend DrivePro 550
  • Added support for E-PRANCE Car DVR Recorder 3H2F GS6000 Ambarella A7
  • Added support for PAPAGO GS34G
  • Added support for INNOVV K2, firmware variant 2
New Features:
  • Tapping the ‘c’ key will copy the current lat,lon position into the Clipboard so it can be pasted into other programs.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug reading GPS data from Transcend DrivePro 220 and DrivePro 230 with certain firmware versions.

Copying the current vehicle location to the clipboard using the ‘c’ key. Innovv K2 front-channel shown.

The free version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

- John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Dashcam Viewer v3.2.7 Released for Mac and Windows

Dashcam Viewer v3.2.7 was released today for both Mac and Windows. We've added the following enhancements:

New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for WheelWitness HD Pro Plus
  • Added support for Auto-Vox X1 (2CH) and Auto-Vox X2 (2CH)
  • Added support for Viofo A129 parking mode
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug in reading GPS of Uniden iGo Cam 60

Dashcam Viewer playing Auto-Vox X2 front and rear videos.
This is a free upgrade for registered Dashcam Viewer users.

Feel free to take Dashcam Viewer for a spin. The demo version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

- John

Dashcam Viewer v3.2.9 Released for Mac and Windows

Hi everyone. We just released Dashcam Viewer v3.2.9 today for both Mac and Windows. This new version has the following enhancements and bug fixes:

New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for Junsun 4K S590 dashcam
  • Added support for JADO D860 dashcam
New Features:
  • Dashcam Viewer can now load up to 1200 2-channel or 1200 1-channel videos at a time. Previously the limits were 500 2-channel or 1000 1-channel videos.
  • You can now immediately enter the name of a geotag when it is created, instead of clicking the settings icon in the tag list item.
  • [Mac] Dashcam Viewer is now a code-signed application
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug in speed calculation for APEMAN C550.
  • Fixed bug in which 10-minute videos from a Papago or Innovv K2 dashcam (with latest firmware) would not load GPS data.
  • Added experimental change to support southern hemisphere in JADO and Autovox dashcams.
  • [Windows] Fixed hang that could occur when loading more than ~400 videos at a time.
  • Expanded fuzzy search for B videos, given an A video. Now search +/-6 seconds for time and +/- 4 for file number. Previously it was +/- 4 and +/- 2. This should improve pairing detection success.
This is a free upgrade for all registered Dashcam Viewer users.

Feel free to take Dashcam Viewer for a spin. The demo version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

- John

Hi traveler,

Bug: When drag and dropping a Tesla SentryMode video into the Dashcam Viewer, it spazzes out, all the windows start flickering like they are reloading and the main application freezes, this does not stop until I terminate the program. The file opens OK if I open it through File->Open though.

Request: When merging videos, please keep the same file extension as the originals. The MOV extension keeps making me think the file is realquick encoding, which I despise.

Thanks

@kandrey89 Thanks for the feedback! I usually load videos by dragging/dropping so I'm surprised to hear of a problem with that. I tried to duplicate your experience by drag/dropping some Tesla videos onto both the Mac and Windows versions of 3.2.9 main window, but could not get the program to spazz. Not sure what's going on there. BTW, DCV doesn't do anything special with Tesla videos (yet). It just plays them like single-channel videos (without GPS data).

Regarding the MOV container of merged videos: Many moons ago, DCV preserved the container/codec of the source videos when performing a merge. The problem was that some users reported merged videos wouldn't play correctly. For example, the video would be all white. I didn't want merge to only work for some folks, so I discovered that any source video format, when merged, would make a playable MOV. So this was implemented in version 2.5.7 ( #293) and it has been that way ever since. I figure that the MOV format was a good choice because it has been around forever and can be played on VLC or QuickTime Player.

Hi,
I'm having an issue that when I use the Mov button (export clip to video) it ends up without sound. I have checked the "include audio" option. There's definitely sound present when I'm previewing the video before exporting. Have also tried playing the exported clip with multiple players. I don't believe it's a codec/driver issue as I can preview and cut a clip using Movavi Suite with sound included in the final product.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

@kandrey89 Thanks for the feedback! I usually load videos by dragging/dropping so I'm surprised to hear of a problem with that. I tried to duplicate your experience by drag/dropping some Tesla videos onto both the Mac and Windows versions of 3.2.9 main window, but could not get the program to spazz. Not sure what's going on there. BTW, DCV doesn't do anything special with Tesla videos (yet). It just plays them like single-channel videos (without GPS data).

Regarding the MOV container of merged videos: Many moons ago, DCV preserved the container/codec of the source videos when performing a merge. The problem was that some users reported merged videos wouldn't play correctly. For example, the video would be all white. I didn't want merge to only work for some folks, so I discovered that any source video format, when merged, would make a playable MOV. So this was implemented in version 2.5.7 ( #293) and it has been that way ever since. I figure that the MOV format was a good choice because it has been around forever and can be played on VLC or QuickTime Player.
OK, this is weird. Before I wrote the previous post, I reproduced the issue twice, while restarting the program once inbetween. Now I just tried to reproduce and loading the videos worked.

I do however have issue with the following windows: Graph, Map, Movies & Geotags, they open and stay always on top, their title bar flashes on/off even if I am working with another program. When I open the Dashcam Viewer program, and click on another program before the main Dashcam Viewer window opens. The aforementioned windows open 1st on top of the other program I have open on screen, then the main dashcam viewer opens in background. However the issue is that those 3 windows are now on top of my other program and are acting as always on top, even if I'm trying to interact with my other program. The only way to fix it is to click on the dashcam viewer in the taskbar to bring up the main window, then everything can be sent to the background.

Hi,
I'm having an issue that when I use the Mov button (export clip to video) it ends up without sound. I have checked the "include audio" option. There's definitely sound present when I'm previewing the video before exporting. Have also tried playing the exported clip with multiple players. I don't believe it's a codec/driver issue as I can preview and cut a clip using Movavi Suite with sound included in the final product.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I tried to duplicate your issue using a sample Junsun dashcam video (1080p60). I exported a 5 second clip with and without sound, on both Mac and Windows versions. In all cases the sound was included with the video when the Include Audio checkbox was clicked, and not included when the checkbox was unchecked. Not sure what the issue is but if you send me the export log via email (which is saved to the export directory), I'll take a look and see if there's a clue in there.

John

OK, this is weird. Before I wrote the previous post, I reproduced the issue twice, while restarting the program once inbetween. Now I just tried to reproduce and loading the videos worked.

I do however have issue with the following windows: Graph, Map, Movies & Geotags, they open and stay always on top, their title bar flashes on/off even if I am working with another program. When I open the Dashcam Viewer program, and click on another program before the main Dashcam Viewer window opens. The aforementioned windows open 1st on top of the other program I have open on screen, then the main dashcam viewer opens in background. However the issue is that those 3 windows are now on top of my other program and are acting as always on top, even if I'm trying to interact with my other program. The only way to fix it is to click on the dashcam viewer in the taskbar to bring up the main window, then everything can be sent to the background.

On my Win10 machine, when I click another program into the foreground, all the minor DCV windows (graphs, map, etc) hide. When I bring back DCV to foreground, they all reappear. This is how it should work.

>When I open the Dashcam Viewer program, and click on another program before the main Dashcam Viewer window opens...

When I re-read this it sounded like you are opening DCV and not letting it finish opening before running another program. What happens if you let DCV start up first before running another program?

There is an option to allow child windows to be underneath the main window. You can access this in the Preferences (try unchecking the "Windows Stay On Top"). But I don't think this will affect the issue you're seeing.

John

Back