Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

Hi, I installed dashcam viewer v3.8.9 however none of the features work. I can watch the video but besides that nothings works !?
It also tells me EVERYTIME I open the software that I need K-Lite Codek although I downloaded und installed it already!?

Attachments

• viewer.JPG
    viewer.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 11
@traveler are you aware of any GPS-equipped dashcam that does not embed the GPS data in the video files in some way or another?

The Innovv K2 and Viofo A129 Duo both do this, as I understand it, and AFAIK so do seemingly the vast majority of dashcams.

I don't know how else you would do it. Log GPS data to a separate file, maybe? Seems easier to keep everything in one container (or two, for dual-cam systems).

However it's done, it's seemingly invisible to ordinary video players, such as VLC Media Player. They must ignore the extra data, it doesn't show up as a track or anything.

Any plans to add support for the Kenwood STZ-RF200WD to Dashcam Viewer? It is a motorcycle dashcam, but that's about all I know about it. Kenwood offers their own software (Motorsports CAM Viewer) but it seems pretty limited in features.

Hi, I installed dashcam viewer v3.8.9 however none of the features work. I can watch the video but besides that nothings works !?
It also tells me EVERYTIME I open the software that I need K-Lite Codek although I downloaded und installed it already!?

In my experience not all Codec packs work.

Try this one :

>> Krem KLite Codec 1445 <<

@piccolo88 You didn't mention the dashcam model you have. Is it listed on our website as compatible?

>It also tells me EVERYTIME I open the software that I need K-Lite Codek although I downloaded und installed it already!?

The first time Dashcam Viewer is run on Windows, it will remind you to install K-Lite codec pack. If you click "Don't Show Me This Again" the reminder will not appear again. If you click "Remind Me Later" then it will appear next time you run DCV. If you're clicking "Don't Show Me This Again" and the message is still being displayed then there is a problem writing settings to the Windows Registry. Could your system be preventing writing to registry?

@traveler are you aware of any GPS-equipped dashcam that does not embed the GPS data in the video files in some way or another?

The Innovv K2 and Viofo A129 Duo both do this, as I understand it, and AFAIK so do seemingly the vast majority of dashcams.

I don't know how else you would do it. Log GPS data to a separate file, maybe? Seems easier to keep everything in one container (or two, for dual-cam systems).

However it's done, it's seemingly invisible to ordinary video players, such as VLC Media Player. They must ignore the extra data, it doesn't show up as a track or anything.

Any plans to add support for the Kenwood STZ-RF200WD to Dashcam Viewer? It is a motorcycle dashcam, but that's about all I know about it. Kenwood offers their own software (Motorsports CAM Viewer) but it seems pretty limited in features.
Yes, most dashcams embed the GPS data into the video file itself. All standard video players (VLC, Quicktime Player, Windows Media Player) ignore the GPS data (unless it is embedded in the subtitle track, which is rare). A handful of dashcams write the data to a separate file.

The soon-to-be-released Dashcam Viewer version 3.9.0 will support user-created supplemental GPS/G-force data files. That way you can add GPS/G-force data to a regular video, or replace the data that's there, with your own data. More details to come...

Any plans to add support for the Kenwood STZ-RF200WD to Dashcam Viewer?

I use a viofo A139 pro
I don't have an A139 Pro and haven't tested enough videos from it to list it as 2-channel compatible. But here are a couple of things I noticed from your screenshot. The first is that the video size is quite large (1.327GB). You could try recording shorter clips (say, 1 minute) to get the size down, which may help. The second is that your video duration is shown as -0:01. The -0:01 indicates a problem with the file path to the videos. Do you have any non-ASCII characters in the path to the videos? ffmpeg, used by Dashcam Viewer, doesn't like file paths with unicode or non-ascii characters. Generally, drag/dropping the videos from the SD card (mounted on your desktop) works well. If none of this works, you can send me a raw front-channel video via https://wetransfer.com and I'll take a look.

I just ran a test of Dashcam Viewer Pro v3.8.9 with video files from when I had one of my A139 Pro dash cameras setup as a 2-channel dash camera. It seemed to work just fine. I recently had to reinstall Dashcam Viewer and K-Lite Codec Pack 1735 Basic because my original video editing laptop was starting to fail. So far, Dashcam Viewer v3.8.9 is working well on the new laptop with the VIOFO A139 Pro 1-CH and 2-CH footage.

1675570427488.png

A139 Pro 3-CH footage causes a problem because Dashcam Viewer doesn't handle 3-channel setups. It knows the front and rear video files are paired together, but it doesn't know what to do with the interior video file. It shows the interior video file as another file in the sequence of files. The GPS data is not displayed for the 3-channel setup as well. It will play the front/rear video files together and then move on to the interior video file and then move on to the next front/rear video files and so on.

1675570936901.png

I don't have an A139 Pro and haven't tested enough videos from it to list it as 2-channel compatible. But here are a couple of things I noticed from your screenshot. The first is that the video size is quite large (1.327GB).
Thank you! It was the size of the file.
The 4k videos were to big.

I reduced the video duration, now the files are "only" 650mb big and dashcam viewer works perfectly fine

update February 13th.:
Videos are not working again.
@traveler I am going to drop you a video from yesterday. Maybe you can find out why it won't work.

Last edited:
If none of this works, you can send me a raw front-channel video via https://wetransfer.com and I'll take a look.
Please find the uploaded files attached.
Last week my videos worked fine. Now it doesn't anymore.
I did switch on HDR on my A139 pro.
Besides that all the settings are the same.

4k resolution, 30fps, high framerate.

Last edited:
Strange turning on HDR would do something like that, but i am sure as always @traveler got this too.

Dashcam Viewer v3.9.1 Released​

Good evening, folks. Dashcam Viewer v3.9.1 was released today for both Mac and Windows. The following new improvements encompass versions 3.9.0 and 3.9.1. Version 3.9.1 is a free upgrade for all Dashcam Viewer users:

New Camera Supports:
  • Added support for Vantrue N4 (two channels)
New Features:
  • Support for new “DTS” format (see images below): Added ability to augment a video with user-specified GPS and G-Force data in an XML-based file format called DTS. This is similar to GPX except it supports acceleration data and extended GPS metrics, HDOP, and numSatsInView. See User’s Manual for more information.
Bug Fixes:
  • Improved scaling of data in G-Force graph. Data is now scaled based on max/min of each axis.
  • Removed support for Wolfbox G900 as some files were found to not work properly.
  • Fixed bug in dashcam model detection for Viofo A139 and Vantrue X4S, N4 which could lead to no GPS data being loaded or displayed.
  • For Vantrue N4 and Viofo A139Pro 3-channel dashcams, the third channel video is no longer intermixed in the list of loaded videos. Since Dashcam Viewer is currently limited to displaying up to 2 channels, having the third channel in the video list caused confusion.

Dashcam Viewer and Dashcam Viewer PRO are PC/Mac applications that allow you to play your dashcam’s videos while simultaneously viewing your vehicle’s location on a map. There are many other features in the software which are detailed on our website (http://dashcamviewer.com). The free version is fully-functional and allows the loading of up to 2 videos at a time.

i have this problem too by too many files if you load single files work it and you cache must be clean 1679714567822.png

A139 Pro 3-CH footage causes a problem because Dashcam Viewer doesn't handle 3-channel setups. It knows the front and rear video files are paired together, but it doesn't know what to do with the interior video file. It shows the interior video file as another file in the sequence of files. The GPS data is not displayed for the 3-channel setup as well. It will play the front/rear video files together and then move on to the interior video file and then move on to the next front/rear video files and so on.
Agreed -- this is a bit of a dilemma for Vantrue N4 and Viofo A139 three-channel dashcam users. The ideal solution would be to add support for a 3rd video channel. But until then, v3.9.1 implements a workaround which is to ignore the 3rd channel videos so they don't become interspersed with the front/rear pairings.

Hi @traveler,

While testing the Vantrue S2 dashcam I have also found the latest release of Dashcam Viewer 3.9,1 is unable to read the gps information. The video is displaying the speed of the car so I am assuming the co-ordinates are in the video file but just not displayed as I disabled that option.

The gps lands me in the sea near Nigeria (I have to zoom out a lot to find that out) which is a long way from my place lol.

I can supply a video if needed.

Could the
Format : HEVC
Codec ID : mp42 (isom/avc1/mp42)
be causing the problem?
ReportBy : MediaInfoLib - v22.12

Thanks
Dashcam Viewer PROedited Plus registered.

Last edited:
Hi @traveler,

While testing the Vantrue S2 dashcam I have also found the latest release of Dashcam Viewer 3.9,1 is unable to read the gps information. The video is displaying the speed of the car so I am assuming the co-ordinates are in the video file but just not displayed as I disabled that option.

The gps lands me in the sea near Nigeria (I have to zoom out a lot to find that out) which is a long way from my place lol.

I can supply a video if needed.

Could the
Format : HEVC
Codec ID : mp42 (isom/avc1/mp42)
be causing the problem?
ReportBy : MediaInfoLib - v22.12

Thanks
Dashcam Viewer PRO registered.
hi @LateralNW ,

can you Testing Cleaning the Cache and than load a Single front Cam file?

Back