Dashcam Viewer for Windows - Support for Panorama S added

traveler

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V2, SG9665GC, SG9663DCPro + many more
Hi folks, just wanted to let you know we released version 1.4.1 of Dashcam Viewer for Windows (the Mac version was released a couple of weeks ago). This version adds support for the Panorama S as well as support for the newer firmware on the Panorama II (the newer firmware changed the format of the GPS data slightly). You can download it from:

http://earthshinesw.com/dashcam-viewer/

The complete list of recent improvements can be found on our blog:

http://earthshinesw.com/blog/

New Features of v1.4.0 and 1.4.1 include:
  • Added support for Powerucc Panorama S dashcam
  • Improved compatibility with Powerucc Panorama II with newer firmware
  • Added accelerated movie playback controls. The video playback rate can now vary between 1/16x to ~2x real-time. Note that on PCs with slow hard drives, accelerated playback may cause some jitter. YMMV.
  • When using the Export to PNG function, the filename of the PNG will contain both the source movie name and the time into the movie when the image was captured. For example: MOVIE001@0m3.45s.png
  • Tested compatibility with Mini 0803 dashcam
  • New application icon!
Bug Fixes:
  • Improved PNG export-to-Desktop for some users. In some cases the PNG file was not written to the Desktop. Also, no error message was given if an export failed. Now an error message will be displayed if the PNG export fails.
Thanks!
John

Hey Traveler, will give Dashcam Viewer a try, even though I have an SVC-200. Leaning towards acquiring a Mini 0801 ( or two ) and would like an easy to use ( and reliable ) viewing program. Have an I-mac at home and travel with Win 7 laptop, so it's great that it's available for both platforms. On the website now, looks great.

Just purchased the Windows version, your acknowledgement says thanks for supporting the Mac community ? Awaiting the registration code.

Thanks, Art.

Last edited:
Hey Traveler, will give Dashcam Viewer a try, even though I have an SVC-200. Leaning towards acquiring a Mini 0801 ( or two ) and would like an easy to use ( and reliable ) viewing program. Have an I-mac at home and travel with Win 7 laptop, so it's great that it's available for both platforms. On the website now, looks great.

Thanks, Art.

Appreciate the comments, Art. As for the SVC-200: I have no experience with this camera so I can't guarantee DCV will be able to handle its GPS data. You shouldn't have any problem with the 0801, though.

Cheers,
John

Nobody seems to have heard of the camera, except Techmoan. And he did not recommend it for use as a car DVR, it's better suited for motorcycle & bicycle usage. Flipping back & forth trying to decide where to buy Mini 0801, or 0803, or one of each. I'll post some information on the Dashcam viewer when I make a decision, and give the Mac version a shot later in the year. Thanks again, Art.

Last edited:
Hi @traveler. I was having an issue with Registrator Viewer and it was suggested to me to try Dashcam Viewer with the same video clips to rule out the data. But I couldn't seem to get DV to run properly. See here:- http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/speed-fluctuating-in-registrator-viewer.5779/#post-68213
Any suggestions?

Dave, I jut downloaded and tried your video in Dashcam Viewer 1.4.1 (Mac) and it played smoothly (see video). Some speed-display fluctuation is normal because the data rate in the file is only 1 Hz. This is most apparent when accelerating or decelerating.

I have noticed that codec support varies from PC to PC resulting in playback stuttering for some folks using the Windows version of Dashcam Viewer 1.4.1. This is much less of an issue on the Mac version. I'm hopeful the PC movie library I use will evolve to have better support for Windows video playback backends.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Back