DashCam Viewer is now FREE for all Street Guardian customers ($25 USD value) Windows & Mac, Single and Picture in Picture Dual Channel Compatible

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
DashCamViewer is now FREE for all Street Guardian customers ($25 USD value) Windows & Mac, Single and Picture in Picture Dual Channel Compatible

More info specific to the dual channel SG9663DC:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...63dc-and-other-new-alternative-players.28689/

Should mention it's not the exact same version, it's a modified version based on the current release version which has been configured to work with our cameras

940dc090b38415e382e8d3d7d3a2c748.png

Attachments

• 1535176559025.png
    1535176559025.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • SG DashCamViewer.jpg
    SG DashCamViewer.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 658
Last edited:
yaaay finally get a great viewer free of charge crack free.

Works with the GC. Files within a folder are not selectable, only folder selection, why?

Files from other cameras play with limited functionality. Zoom during playback works, my only use for such players. At least the 10 file restriction is gone, thanks.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Nice, now SG cameras not only have a documenting value, but also a monetary value (y)

Is there any unique functionality available in the SG version that's not in the 'standard' paid version of DCV?

Is there any unique functionality available in the SG version that's not in the 'standard' paid version of DCV?

Not at this time, it’s just branched off into it’s own build to be free for Street Guardian dashcam customers.

My already saved (DC) files sitting in my back-up plays in this new SG version of DashCamViewer but doesn't have full functionality. I get that pesky "These movies doesn't appear to be from a SG dash cam...", but of course they are! It's a bit of a bummer when the embedded data does no longer display. Is there a workaround for this, or do I have to have both versions of DashCamViewer installed? Obviously this will sort itself out by time when I'll delete those "old" files and only have new playable ones saved - but to get there, where do I find FW v1.32, or newer? The official SG website (http://streetguardian.info/support#software) only has v1.30.

it won't play your old files, we had to adjust the file structure to suit the player which is from V1.32 onwards, you can get that in the beta thread

Whatabout the GC, will it work in this SG version of DashCamViewer or is there (or will be) a new FW available for that one as well?

it won't play your old files, we had to adjust the file structure to suit the player which is from V1.32 onwards, you can get that in the beta thread

I’m a little confused over versions. The latest on the SG website is 1.30. The beta thread with 1.33 also has a link to the previous “public” release - 1.32. So is 1.32 also a beta as if it wasn’t it should be on the SG website? or are you saying that dashcam viewer can only be used with beta firmware?

It doesn't work with the last release version firmware, that was done before the decision was made to license the player, we will do an updated release version soon (next week if all goes well), the betas we have now have the required changes for the player but are really about the parking mode fixes we've been working on

I may have encountered a bug, don't know if it's been previously reported. After updating my two DC's to fw 1.32 the Dashcam Viewer plays the recored driving without any issues, but when it loads the parking mode files the dual camera option-button within the Dashcam Viewer goes inactive and only the front camera is being played. The parking mode file from the rear camera plays alright in VLC (or similar) but does not appear in the Dashcam Viewer.

I have two cars, each one of them having a DC running on the same fw, and Dashcam Viewer reacts the same way to the parking mode files from both cars.

DC fw 1.32
Dashcam Viewer v 3.1.1

Beside that the DC and the parking mode works brilliant. Well done!!

I may have encountered a bug, don't know if it's been previously reported. After updating my two DC's to fw 1.32 the Dashcam Viewer plays the recored driving without any issues, but when it loads the parking mode files the dual camera option-button within the Dashcam Viewer goes inactive and only the front camera is being played. The parking mode file from the rear camera plays alright in VLC (or similar) but does not appear in the Dashcam Viewer.

I have two cars, each one of them having a DC running on the same fw, and Dashcam Viewer reacts the same way to the parking mode files from both cars.

DC fw 1.32
Dashcam Viewer v 3.1.1

Beside that the DC and the parking mode works brilliant. Well done!!

will have to check that out and see how it goes, thanks

Back