Dashcam Viewer Issue since Apple iOS 13.0 update

Maddog1974

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U3000 2ch, T700 Front & Internal IR
We have found that since the iOS 13 update on iPhones that the iPhone will connect to the F770 (also F750 / X350) WiFi network however when you then open the Dashcam Viewer App it is saying they are not connected.

Thinkware are aware of the issue and are looking into it, I've read that a iOS 13.1 update should be available in the UK from 6pm this evening too which i hope will cure the issue first!

Apologies for any inconvenience.....

There should be an App Update next week that will fix the new issue (y)

There should be an App Update next week that will fix the new issue (y)
Hope so. Just had my dashcam reinstalled into a new car this morning. Couldn’t use the app to change the settings.

Hope so. Just had my dashcam reinstalled into a new car this morning. Couldn’t use the app to change the settings.
It's estimated to be on the 4th/5th Oct. Otherwise you may need to borrow and Android or a Pre iOS 13 iphone to set it up.

I heard over the weekend Blackvue are having the same issue since iOS update :(

App update today that has fixed this issue (y)

Hey Maddog,

Just wanted to say that it's still not functioning for me.

I'm using a F770 on firmware v1.00.08 using an iPhone XS on iOS 13.1.2. Dashcam app v2.3.0 (25917)

For me, once I press the WiFi button and it flashes blue, I then need to turn my WiFi on/off several times before my iPhone will even see it, then when I try to connect, it connects, I get an IP address, but the blue light on the dashcam continues to flash and the app says its not connected to WiFi.

Any further ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

I do usually tell people to activate the WiFi on the camera and then wait 15 seconds before trying to connect to give the WiFi module time to power up and do it's thing. Also just make sure the App has been swiped closed from 'running' in the background. Re-open the App after WiFi connection.

See what happens

I've tried that and also using another iPhone XS on same revision of iOS. Even an iPad, but to no avail.

Any other ideas?

No sorry, i've not had any other reports of it not working as yet. Might need to contact Support for your country i'm afraid...

OK. Will do & thanks for your time :)

Hi there, I have the f770 and also the iPhone X running on the iOS 13.1.2 my dash cam hasn’t been able to connect properly since the initial iOS 13 or the following two update bug fixes. I press the WiFi button and wait, the cam says it’s connected to WiFi, so my phone connects in settings to the thinkware but when I click on the app it says the cam isn’t connected to the WiFi. I contacted Apple who went through all kinds of stuff with me saying location needed to be on etc and I needed to update my thinkware firmware. Done that and I still can’t get WiFi to connect.

I ended up contacting my local (Australian) support and sent my unit in for them to look into...

Garmin, TomTom, thinkware, Blackvue all have problems since the iOS 13 update and the subsequent 13.1 and 13.1.2 haven’t changed a thing. Obviously it’s not my dash cam. Would hate to have to send it of to be checked as Sod’s law il have an accident the second I remove the camera.

You can add Dashmate DSH-680 with same WiFi issue. Cannot connect to unit since IOS 13 with WiFi

Hello everyone.
Just like Mad Van and Teezy, I can confirm that the Dashcam Viewer (version 2.3.0) is entirely unusable, relative to iOS13.1.2.

Now like Mad Van, I have contacted a company called ‘TDJ’, which is the Australian distributor for Thinkware.

Their initial response was for the user to “...(turn) the location "ON" and mobile data "OFF" before (connecting) to the dashcam wirelessly...”. They also suggested “...(formatting) the Thinkware SD card (to) see if it makes a difference...”. None of these steps have made any difference, and my F770 is still effectively crippled without App connectivity.

Clearly then, Thinkware has a serious problem on its hands when it comes to after-sales support, or even so much as communicating with its overseas distributors.

I suggested at this point, that it would be a very bad business practice indeed, if it is an intention of Thinkware executives to compel current owners of older model Thinkware dashcams to purchase a newer Dashcam model – simply due to the length of time people must wait for a software release.

I stated further, that the reason for my decision to invest in a Thinkware-branded dashcam in the first instance, is due to the seemingly good quality and reliability of their products. I would like to assume that is not in Thinkware’s corporate interests to squander its accumulated goodwill with Australian consumers – simply on the basis of an ostensibly minor software issue.

Now before I even think of investing in a newer Thinkware dashcam model such as the U1000, I expect to at least be able to continue using my current model, and on this note, I would expect an appropriate update to the Dashcam Viewer App Version 2.3.0 to actually be available on the App Store as a matter of increasing urgency, lest they receive sharply-worded correspondence from the ACCC.

We just have to wait and see. I will keep you all advised in any case, whatever I happen to learn further from Thinkware directly, or its Australian distributor.

Last edited:
Ok, so here's a little bit of a good-news update:

Apple released iOS-13.1.3 last night 17th October, ostensibly to rectify a litany of non dash-cam-related problems:

I have just tested the Dashcam Viewer (version 2.3.0) one more time since the upgrade last night, and lo and behold, I can now view and download footage again on an iPhone. This should be a relief for all of us who own an F770 dashcam.

Bear in mind though, if iPhone users are still running iOS-12, they're advised to stay put for the moment, as iOS-13 is still apparently a bug-riddled affair.

David

Not fixed yet. Still unable to connect. App says I’m not connected and iOS won’t fully connect to resetted camera

try deleting the app and choose remove all data etc, then install fresh, may just be some previous settings carrying over in the update

Back