Dashcam viewer won't play front & rear at same time

I own a 2016 Subaru Impreza. I did not enable Parking Mode, I am avoiding using it until the U1000 shuts off with it disabled. I am not sure what you are asking about testing the OBD-II Cable. I purchased the one that Thinkware sells, through an authorized vendor. The one available for purchase on the Thinkware website, designed for the U1000. It is not hard to install. My car starts and everything works as before. I have the latest Firmware installed. Had to load it to a Micro SD card. I successfully linked the cam to my Hotspot, downloaded the Firmware, but the U1000 would not automatically update. Thinkware CS advised that this does happen, so to use the more reliable MSD method.

Anyways, it appears it is the logic in the U1000 that does not work with the recommended OBD Cable. It seems that the OBD Cable is feeding power to the U1000 with the ignition off, so doing what it was designed to do.

Edited to add: I am going to assume that I can just hit the Power Button instead of pulling the power cable out, yes? This should turn the U1000 Off and not draw any power?

I did not enable Parking Mode, I am avoiding using it until the U1000 shuts off with it disabled. I am not sure what you are asking about testing the OBD-II Cable. I purchased the one that Thinkware sells, through an authorized vendor. The one available for purchase on the Thinkware website, designed for the U1000. It is not hard to install.

There is a status indicator LED on the ignition module. The LED will be solid when the ignition is on and should be blinking when the ignition is off. If the Indicator is blinking and the dash cam is not shutting off/changing to parking mode then the issue is probably the dash cam. However if the LED stays solid while the ignition is off, it's an issue with the cable. Our CS Team has ran into issues with faulty ignition modules so I don't want to rule that out, hence me inquiring about your cable.

Please check the LED indicator on the ignition module as it will point us in the right direction. Once we find the issue we can replace either the cable or the dash cam.

Yes, you can power off the dash cam and it will not draw power.

Thanks, I tucked the end of the cable with the ignition module out of the way so did not think to check it. I will check it as you advised and get back to you

@Thinkware Dash Cam , the ignition module was a solid light. Never changed, after I turned the car off it remained solid. By the way, even though I power the U1000 off manually, it automatically turns on when I start the car.

I disconnected the ignition module, and reinstall it. It flashed when plugged in, then turned solid. After a while it is now slow blinking but I had turned the cam off manually

I am now turning the vehicle on and off again. Waiting to see what happens

Gave it 5 minutes, did not touch anything. Light stays solid, I turned the cam off manually.

Last edited:
@Thinkware Dash Cam , the ignition module was a solid light. Never changed, after I turned the car off it remained solid. By the way, even though I power the U1000 off manually, it automatically turns on when I start the car.

I disconnected the ignition module, and reinstall it. It flashed when plugged in, then turned solid. After a while it is now slow blinking but I had turned the cam off manually

I am now turning the vehicle on and off again. Waiting to see what happens

Gave it 5 minutes, did not touch anything. Light stays solid, I turned the cam off manually.
Please contact, our support team and reference this thread. They will send you a different OBD-II cable that will resolve your issue. Email - support@thinkware.com

on a different note;
in a next update would it be possible to address the way files are displayed?
It is very difficult to find footage based on a certain date, especially since the letters/numbers are very small. (it's easier to search in explorer).
blackvue (who?!) have a much better system where you click on a day in a calendar and it then shows the files of day specific day

Last edited:
Interesting, this morning the U1000 turned on and announced going into continuous mode, when I opened the car door.

on a different note;
in a next update would it be possible to address the way files are displayed?
It is very difficult to find footage based on a certain date, especially since the letters/numbers are very small. (it's easier to search in explorer).
blackvue (who?!) have a much better system where you click on a day in a calendar and it then shows the files of day specific day

I too would love to see something like this. I don’t necessarily hate the list view as an “advanced search”, but I would love the option of a more “basic” search involving clicking on a calendar day and having a list of recordings for that day. It might even be good if the list just showed the time stamp of the first non-sequential recording, i.e. the time stamp of when you first turn on the car and the dash cam starts recording. Bonus points if the list could be identified so that continuous recording shows up different from time-lapse or park-mode recordings. Maybe color coded?

Back