Dashcam which measures brake, acceleration, gear, signal light, etc

night.fox

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Dash Cam
Iroad V9
Hello, as title implies, im looking for a dashcam cam which measures and record acceleration, brake, signal light, engine rpm, even gears etc.

I saw in youtube and I wonder what brand is that dashcam.

can somebody identify?

here is the youtube. 1st video.

insurance companies love that data lol soon they will figure out a way when and how long people go and use the bathroom, such invasion of privacy all over when will it ever stop. lol

insurance companies love that data lol soon they will figure out a way when and how long people go and use the bathroom, such invasion of privacy all over when will it ever stop. lol

I'm sure google knows all that info when you use google maps/Waze on your phone.

nah privacy is already invaded when internet was introduced .

on the other hand... so anything info about that dashcam?

There was an insurance company here that advertises it has a module connected to a car to see how its driving and collects the data and then makes sets rate for "safe drivers". Its been a few years since the advertisement was the radio and I can not recall which insurer it was. I am not sure if was gathering the speed or signals and therefore wonder had it gets this information. Port on a car or GPS.

If there is a port from the car which can be connected to dashcam, I don't really have a problem with that. I would love to have a display showing whether I used my signals or not, had my head lights on, when I started to brake.

GPS speed on a dash cam is a few seconds off, and if it could come from a port or heaven forbid have an integrated camera to the car, the speed would a a more accurate measure as it copy of what the speedometer produces.

edit: @flank answered my question

That first footage from a Lukas or Qvia dashcam with OBD connection, i really like this but it seem like only some cars have full function coverage.

On lukas home page they use to have a compatibility list of car brands / models, mostly JAP /Kor cars as you can imagine.
Lukas are not that good dashcams, and their customer care are next to zero if you are not South Korean.

Last edited:
The Garmin VIRB does a lot of data collection and has an OBD-II module. I haven't used that, but I know it does GPS data and acceleration.

Back