Dashcam with AV-out

Gagge89

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 V2, Mini 0806S
Hi.
I've already bought the Viofo A119 dashcam, which I think is great (maybe not yet perfect as a feature, but is advancing very fast and improving a lot) on the front glass and I would also like to put a dashcam on the rear. I just tried to put the A119 on and try too hard (I would not like something with fans on the glass so it's very visible) or large. I'm looking for something of the same quality as the A119, like the A119, AV-out video output, so that with an RCA cable it can connect to my car radio and see the picture there (obviously alternating with the A119). What dashcam do you recommend or do you know with the AV output? Thanks in advance to everyone for your answers :)

I'm looking for something of the same quality as the A119, like the A119, AV-out video output, so that with an RCA cable it can connect to my car radio and see the picture there (obviously alternating with the A119). What dashcam do you recommend or do you know with the AV output?
You know, I presume, that the A119 and A119S have AV outputs. To be clear, most AV video outputs, including the A119 and A119S, are analog composite video outputs with Standard Definition resolution (not HDMI). On a small screen in a car, resolution will still be sharp. The A119 and A119S AV video output displays the picture and status overlay just like the A119 LCD screen. The following thread discusses the cable needed on the A119 side, that should terminate in three color coded RCA plug connectors (Yellow is video, white is Left Audio, red is Right Audio): https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/video-cable.21275/#post-298099. Also this post from Viofo gives the 4 pin 3.5mm plug pinouts for the AV output: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/video-cable.21275/#post-279527. Be careful with the wiring, all AV cables with a 3.5mm plugs are not wired the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
You know, I presume, that the A119 and A119S have AV outputs. To be clear, most AV video outputs, including the A119 and A119S, are analog composite video outputs with Standard Definition resolution (not HDMI). On a small screen in a car, resolution will still be sharp. The A119 and A119S AV video output displays the picture and status overlay just like the A119 LCD screen. The following thread discusses the cable needed on the A119 side, that should terminate in three color coded RCA plug connectors (Yellow is video, white is Left Audio, red is Right Audio): https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/video-cable.21275/#post-298099. Also this post from Viofo gives the 4 pin 3.5mm plug pinouts for the AV output: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/video-cable.21275/#post-279527. Be careful with the wiring, all AV cables with a 3.5mm plug are not wired the same.
Yes yes i know about it. I just have one RCA video from A119 and i bring it to my Android Headunit. But another one A119 behind for my car is too big, so i'm searching another dashcam with an AV-out to take its signal (and i decide if see the front or the rear video dashcam) to my headunit.
The HDMI is not important, infact the resolution of the headunit is 800x600 and the rca take an analog resolution about 576p, so the RCA signal is althought [emoji6]

But what models of dashcam have the AV-out as the A119? [emoji5][emoji5]

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

just about any dashcam with AV out (it's a very common feature) will give you the same sort of performance from the AV out as what you get now, more important is what sort of recording result you get and if you're willing to give up some performance to get something a little bit smaller or different form factor that works better for the rear window

Eh..but do you have any suggests?
For example i see that some model of mini (Mini 0806s , mini 0826 and some others) have the AV-out.
I have the A119 and seems to be very good as quality video either in day both in night..it is very impressive (the only little cons is that the parking mode isn't prebuffered), is there another model of same quality?

Hi to all. Today i was searching for some dashcam with my request features, what do you think about Mini 0806s or Mini 0903 Plus?
The Mini 0807 in probably the best but it has the HDMI..

Back