Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, I am new here, but I've been reading the forum and would like to ask for your help.

Here is what I am looking for in my first dash cam:

- Under $150 (preferably less than $100)
- Discreet (risk of being stolen)
- Can stand high temperatures (I live in Rio de Janeiro, so expect around 40° C / 104° F outside)
- Has a display
- Is able to connect to a backup/parking cam
- Has buffered parking

So far I couldn't find nothing near that.
I should look for a Capacitor cam, all black, possibly dash mounted (like the Rexing V1), but I rather hear from you guys, the experts.
Anything close to that would be great, guys...
Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

O yeah i forgot the SGZC12SS in the PM.

I am not sure if those allso record off the rear camera when driving or just when reversing, but it is a true reversing camera.
And for the HOT HOT town of Rio you have to get somthing like this, or at least somthing with a capasitor in it and not a lipo battery.

You can allways slide off the camera from its mount, you just have to unplug the power wire and the wire for the reversing camera.

It is a great setup, I appreciate your help, guys. Any other product?
Maybe something more hidden, like a dash mounted?
And, last but not least, how about the quality of the SGZC12SS. The Sony sensor looks great btw =)

I am gonna get this =)
Any suggestions for the backup camera?
You guys are awesome, making my life so much easier!

Street Guardian have the best quality and no bullsheet customer service, the sensor is the Sony IMX 322 thats one if not the best performing sensors in dashcams at the moment.

There is a fjew cameras that can go on the dashbord itself, but thats not really the best place for a camera, the optimal is on top of the windscreen and in the middle of it.
But windscreen design and not least on newer cars with other sensors in fromt of the rear view mirror can make it a little problematic with some formfactors on dashcameras.
The N americans and us EU guys tent to like super stealthy cameras we can leave in our cars all the time, Chinese and Korean ppl seem to like huge dashcams ppl can see, and if possible wit some crome and flashing LED lights on them too.

I am not aware if Street Giardian have some sellers in south America, but the user in here @jokiin that own the company will be able to steer you in the direction of the nearest one.

I have few low-profile mounts for SGZC12SS which are not yet listed.
It is very hard to find and recommend any other dashcam within your requirements.

I am not aware if Street Giardian have some sellers in south America, but the user in here @jokiin that own the company will be able to steer you in the direction of the nearest one.

we don't at this time, the tax rate for Brazil is 60% on imports which makes for some crazy prices for products in their market

Whoooooo and i was thinking we danes got it bad :eek: poor Brazilians.
Okay we have a wide range on import taxes depending on what it is, but i am sure none of then is no way near 60%

Funny enuff looking at danish duties/taxes for import, the most expensive at 16.90 % is soccer shoes or other studded shoes like golf shoes.

The import tax on importing a nuclear reactor is only 5.70% and thats funny as we dont have any reactors here aside for the now decommissioned test facellety at Riso that was shut down in 2000.

Some things here is so wierd its not even funny :oops:

https://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.toldpriser.dk/toldsatser&edit-text=

ANd offcourse adding to those percentages you allso add the omniprecent 25 % sales tax handeling fees and what not, it often make it less fun to import somthing to Denmark.

It along with my financial situation is one reason as to why i dont offer myself up to review dashcams, i simply cant afford it even if the camera sent to me for review is marked as 0 value, cuz there will allways be fees and taxes to pay here, and i am a poor person now.

Last edited:
Back