Dashcam with best microphone / audio qaulity?

bbt2016

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking for a dash cam that has good picture quality and needs to have good quality audio or the ability to add a external microphone, Budget £150

Currently have two Transcend DP200 but ever since updating from V1.22 to V1.26the audio of a lack of a better word has been s**t. Granted it was quiet on V1.22 but could be boosted up in editing software iMovie, Vegas, Final Cut Pro etc etc... Point is the audio for the most part was clear, No idea what V1.26 has done but its just useless now crackling, distorted its all over the place especially worse on certain road surfaces. Unfortunately i've been unable to reapply V1.22 even though i have the file on my laptop. I have sent a message to Transced about the problem but no response as of yet.

Out of the few dash cams ( Mini 0805, A118C, Mobius and SG9665GC) I've used till now, the SG9665GC outperforms all of them. The microphone's sensitivity is tuned well and audio is loud and clear.

If you will be interested in SG9665GC, send PM, I am going to look after you.

Thanks for the recommendation Harsh.

If you will be interested in SG9665GC, send PM, I am going to look after you.

How much are they?

My only concern is going by the design of the camera for my car this model camera will only be good for the front as the rear window is curved and the camera needs to be of the passenger side, I'm not sure how the picture will be if you can't adjust it fully?

Any other camera recommendations for the rear? or is there a way I could make this model work perhaps?

Thanks again

Thanks for the recommendation Harsh.

How much are they?

My only concern is going by the design of the camera for my car this model camera will only be good for the front as the rear window is curved and the camera needs to be of the passenger side, I'm not sure how the picture will be if you can't adjust it fully?

Any other camera recommendations for the rear? or is there a way I could make this model work perhaps?

Thanks again
From your 1st post wasn`t clear if you are looking for front, or single front + read, or 2ch ?

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

From your 1st post wasn`t clear if you are looking for front, or single front + read, or 2ch ?

Sorry should have made it more clear. I currently have one dash camera on the front and one on the rear, I'm looking to replace both of them. Audio/Picture quality are my main priorities for the next type of camera I purchase.

Obviously as cheap as possible but up to a max of around £150 (each).

Which car?

Probably not well known depending on countries. UK Vauxhall Omega, Europe Opel Omega, US Cadillac Catera. Saloon, The rear window is curved a fair amount and I'd prefer to keep the camera to the side, I'm not keen on having it dead central.

Probably not well known depending on countries. UK Vauxhall Omega, Europe Opel Omega, US Cadillac Catera. Saloon, The rear window is curved a fair amount and I'd prefer to keep the camera to the side, I'm not keen on having it dead central.
Do you want 2 single cameras or one 2 channel system?
How important is form-factor (design)?
Does both ( front + read ) has to be 1080p or can be 1080p + 720p?

For the rear you could look at the Mobius, lots of mounting options available with and without its mounting sleeve. The microphone isn't the best but the new front camera should have the audio requirement covered.

Do you want 2 single cameras or one 2 channel system?
How important is form-factor (design)?
Does both ( front + read ) has to be 1080p or can be 1080p + 720p?

2 single cameras, form factor any (preferably with a display or a wifi option to view with a smart phone). 1080p resolution that's also decent at night but doesn't necessarily need to be good at night if the camera is good in all other areas.

For the rear you could look at the Mobius, lots of mounting options available with and without its mounting sleeve. The microphone isn't the best but the new front camera should have the audio requirement covered.

I've looked into the Möbius in the past prior to buying the Transcend DP200 dash cameras, I know they generally get high praise but the lack of a display or wifi is my biggest issue plus I'd prefer to have a good microphone for the front and rear. I'm not bothered by how discreet the camera is within reason preferably not too much bigger than the Transcend DP200.

Mine being a hatchback, I'm yet to come across a better single channel solution for the rear (my main priority was stealth). The Mobius is more of a 'set - mount - and forget' device, very easy to set up and operate. The lack of a screen was not an issue at all.

Forgot to mention but this goes without saying hopefully, That is like the
Mine being a hatchback, I'm yet to come across a better single channel solution for the rear (my main priority was stealth). The Mobius is more of a 'set - mount - and forget' device, very easy to set up and operate. The lack of a screen was not an issue at all.

I can understand how useful the Mobius can be but it's just not the type of camera i'm interested in tbh.

I suppose what i could do is buy the camera recommended (SG9665GC) for the front but before fitting have a play around with it on the rear window to see how / if it would work there before buying a second unit before looking into other possible dash cams.

I'm in the UK, Where would be the best place to purchase the (SG9665GC) from to get a genuine unit seen as eBay / Amazon can be sketchy?

Niko, Are there any offers or going to be any offers for the camera? The 32GB + CPL Filter works out at £189 that's £39 over my top budget of £150?

EDIT: I don't need the GPS if that helps reduce the price.

Niko, Are there any offers or going to be any offers for the camera? The 32GB + CPL Filter works out at £189 that's £39 over my top budget of £150?

EDIT: I don't need the GPS if that helps reduce the price.

GPS is needed not only for GPS data logger, but can be also useful for time /date sync and future Firmware updates which rely on GPS logger for proper functioning. I have sent you a PM with my offer, please check.

Back