Dashcam with OBD data overlay

mkv

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
There are a lot of dashcams on the market today, most of them now have excellent image quality. However I'm looking for a more advanced version which get input from the OBD engine info in the overlay of the video beside GPS logging.

You will only find a few that have very basic OBD information, and it is doubtful your brand / model of car are fully supported.
If you are looking for something to display fancy parameters from your track car like boost pressure ASO, well then your only option are some sort of fancy logger you can overlay a action cameras footage.
And a action camera will be a better option if we talk about fast paced race conditions, in my opinion current dashcams are barely able to keep up with the pace of street traffic, and also why i request higher bitrates.

The brand with the longest track record of OBD information in dashcams are lukas / qvia, but they insist of having moderate video qualety using fairly low bitrates and image settings that seem to have high sharpness and contrast values.

Back