Dashcam won't start after firmware update

Buff Hamster

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Mini 0903, 0807, 0805P, 0801S, Viofo A119S, A118C, A129
I contacted Joy to getting a different firmware because my current firmware has an issue with overwritting full micro sd cards.

After she gave me the firmware, I updated the dashcam and everything seemed to update fine.

For some odd reason now the dashcam will only power on with the blue light and the screen is blank.

Anyone know why is this happening? I've updated this same dashcam in the past with no problems but the firmware Joy gave me seems to have corrupted the dashcam.

Just received an email from Joy saying "Too bad, get a warranty claim or send it to us to fix".

So you give me a firmware and the dashcam is now useless. Now I have to pay more money to get this sorted out...

Anyone who is looking to buying from MINI avoid this company. I guess it's cheap for a reason. Faulty products and shocking customer service.

trying a firmware update is worth a go but there was probably a hardware issue there which was causing it to not overwrite, a problem with the NAND can cause that and would likely fail to update, sometimes you can be lucky and reloading firmware sorts things out, doesn't always happen as you've found out, once you're at that stage though you're pretty much stuck and it's warranty/return time

Back