dashcamblog

CrosstownTee

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
GS90C Ambarella A7LA70
Hi there,

I just bought a dashcam and decided to start a blog around the things I see in traffic. It didn't take long before I could make my first post... there's idiots on the road everywhere I guess :eek:

It was a rainy day.
On rainy days, sensible people are more careful in traffic.
That's right. Sensible people.
Not the one in the blue car, who just recklessly veered onto the motorway before she was allowed, scaring the living daylights out of an oncoming truck driver. And me. Stupid woman.

Anyway, this is the blog site: http://dashcamblog.wordpress.com
and this is my first post:
https://dashcamblog.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/why-would-you-be-reckless-like-that/

or watch it directly on youtube:

Let me know what you think, ok?
Thanks,
T.

Very close! That would have been ugly, had she not veered back into her lane.

is there a difference between a driver using their phone while driving, and someone who is genuinely suicidal?

i don't think there is.

@Gibson99 That's a strong statement, with probably enough arguments to defend it... But I'd call them dangerously ignorant drivers instead; they have no clue what danger they bring to themselves and those around them in traffic.
You could call them potential murderers, if you wish...

Suicidal people, on the other hand, have psychological issues which you can't compare to the ignorance those stupid drivers exhibit.

I catch your drift, but there's a nuance, right?

@Gibson99 That's a strong statement, with probably enough arguments to defend it... But I'd call them dangerously ignorant drivers instead; they have no clue what danger they bring to themselves and those around them in traffic.
You could call them potential murderers, if you wish...

Suicidal people, on the other hand, have psychological issues which you can't compare to the ignorance those stupid drivers exhibit.

I catch your drift, but there's a nuance, right?
right... about the same difference between "rose" and "pink". or "navy blue" and "indigo". or "coke" and "pepsi" ;)

when i saw the video above, i immediately thought about the one where a little focus tried to make a quick lane change between several large trucks and ended up hitting a stopped truck on the shoulder, and was then hit again by the camera truck. it's been posted several times in the "videos not recorded by you" forum here.

Same ****, different country.
Amazing how many people firmly believe that vehicles on the main carriageway should move over to let you join - even if that move could cause chaos to other road users!
Over here, that HGV is limited to 56mph whereas the speed for cars is 70.
Even if the hgv has a decent enough gap to move over, that 14mph difference means he'll have cars right up his rear end in a matter of seconds.

right... about the same difference between "rose" and "pink". or "navy blue" and "indigo". or "coke" and "pepsi" ;)

when i saw the video above, i immediately thought about the one where a little focus tried to make a quick lane change between several large trucks and ended up hitting a stopped truck on the shoulder, and was then hit again by the camera truck. it's been posted several times in the "videos not recorded by you" forum here.

Well that Ford Focus video was taken about 70km's in the opposite direction of this exact motorway (E40 here in Belgium)... I have to admit it comes to my mind regularly that one...

Same ****, different country.
Amazing how many people firmly believe that vehicles on the main carriageway should move over to let you join - even if that move could cause chaos to other road users!
Over here, that HGV is limited to 56mph whereas the speed for cars is 70.
Even if the hgv has a decent enough gap to move over, that 14mph difference means he'll have cars right up his rear end in a matter of seconds.

It's the same here, with a 30km/h difference (if not more) between lorries and cars.
Pro-active driving is the keyword here, no? Accelerate to the speed the motorway is going, before you try to get in. It's not that difficult... :rolleyes:

If you live in Russia, I bet you will have more interesting video to show us :p

Hi there,

I just bought a dashcam and decided to start a blog around the things I see in traffic. It didn't take long before I could make my first post... there's idiots on the road everywhere I guess :eek:

It was a rainy day.
On rainy days, sensible people are more careful in traffic.
That's right. Sensible people.
Not the one in the blue car, who just recklessly veered onto the motorway before she was allowed, scaring the living daylights out of an oncoming truck driver. And me. Stupid woman.

Anyway, this is the blog site: http://dashcamblog.wordpress.com
and this is my first post:
https://dashcamblog.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/why-would-you-be-reckless-like-that/

or watch it directly on youtube:

Let me know what you think, ok?
Thanks,
T.

The driver was one second away from serious injury or death, utter madness.

And sometimes... all you need in traffic... is a little patience :)
Especially when there's dinosaurs involed... :p

When the combined age of the driver and her passenger in front of you is 5 times your own age… well.. keep your distance, and watch (out).
You can recognise them by their number plates. (In Belgium at least)

And be amused, and amazed.

How they still survive in traffic?
It’s a miracle.

In this case, the poor old couple had no clue what they were doing. Or going to do.
So they did something.
At least they did something. And then decided to not do it after all.

I’m so glad they did(n’t?).
And patience was the keyword :rolleyes:

Back