Dashcams One Step Closer To Becoming 'Mainstream'?

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
I'll give them a 2/5 rating on cam selection :p Consumer Reports doesn't have the street creds it once did but it's good for the product visibility.

Perhaps some of the manufacturers or sellers here should contact them and make them aware of the better cams. If those folks saw what the SG9665GC or the A119S can do they'd at least have a good benchmark for comparison ;) As do so many others, CR's work lately often shows a distinct lack of knowledge of what they test :( I've seen some products that are well-known duds get high ratings from them while they've entirely missed some well-known good ones :eek: Hence their loss of 'street creds'.

Phil

I don't see anything bad in the fact that something is becoming "mainstream"

Well some things should never have become main stream, for one social media like facebook and twitter, for the love of the god some people might have fait in i don't understand why those are still in business.
And a range of other big companies that if not anything else is evil just by their size.

Even Microsoft, though i do respect what Bill and his wife are doing with a huge chunk of their cut of the cake, but for all that's worth i still see Microsoft as a evil but one i have decided to live with.

There is a wide range of international brands i will never touch, if not anything else then at least for their creative tax speculations demonstrating they have become nothing but fat leaches.

some European countries (and probably further afield) still don't allow dashcams due to their laws regarding recording in public, which must REALLY suck for innocent victims of crashes who would have loved a $50 witness in their window

Nothing to do but elect other leaders to make change, the old ones are normally reluctant do do that.

It is weird some countries have such a approach to the privacy mostly of the individual, than the same people more or less hand over all that information on facetwitt.
And technology in general seem to have overtaken said laws.

So if they really like to be so private, first of all they should cut all phone and data connections to the USA, and ban satellite dishes.

But they dont.

So its just a matter of attitude adjustment, not least among the voting public, the current politicians in charge are only looking out for their own agenda on behalf of the general public, and off course their steady fat income.

Ragu 2.7? I didn't know the spaghetti sauce company made the jump to dash cams. Seems like everyone is trying to get a piece of the action these days. :D

Back