Dashcams supporting 128GB Micro SD cards

rajanm1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Could someone let me know a list of Dashcams supporting 128GB Micro SD cards please?

Thanks

Need to read between the lines sometimes, a lot of Korean cameras will show support for 128gb cards but are often a bit limited in the models they will work with

Reactions: Mtz
Also some that say they dont will if you format them correctly in a PC before you insert them. I have 3 Blackvues running on 128Gb cards when all of them are only supposed to accept 32Gb
Simples

thanks, so what would be the best dashcam for night recording (mainly drive at night) using a class 1o 128GB Micro SD card?
Needs to be on the value side (£40 budget).

For night recording you want the most light sensitive image sensor you can. In the dashcam world that is probably the Sony IMX291 with the current popular option being the Viofo A119S camera. Failing that, cameras with the IMX322 / IMX323 sensors (Street Guardian, a lot of Korean dual cameras, others) are very good, as well as the Omnivision OV4689 (JooVuu X, A119, others).

The Aptina AR0330 is getting a bit old now so certainly avoid anything with that one, although, it isn't terrible with a good lens fitted. I'd still want something better for mostly night driving.

My experience with 128GB cards is, my PNY class 10 has been perfect on every camera including two that didn't officially support that size. My newer UHS-3 Toshiba card I haven't had time to test it so much but it seems okay at the moment, except on modified firmware for the JooVuu X, then I have to use my slower PNY card. o_O

Happy to lower expectations, just thought that there would be quite a few cameras which would handle 128GB micro SD cards and all I would like to know is what would be the best one to use at night for my budget?

I appreciate that people have budgets, best would be to work out the max you're willing to spend, make sure to include memory card and any accessories needed and then see what cameras might be in your budget and choose from there

If your budget is only £40 and you want a 128GB card...have you checked to see just how much these cost? You won't have much change from the memory card to buy a camera, if any. And if you only want to spend £40 on a camera, chances are the footage will be of a lower quality anyway and you won't need 128GB because the files will be smaller. 128GB is usually for 1080p upwards and generally higher bitrates typically 20mbps or higher, or dual channel cameras recording two video streams to one card.

Pick a camera and check its bitrate online, then use DCT's own Recording Time Calculator to see how many hours you'll get from 32GB, 64GB and 128GB cards. Now ask yourself, how much recording time do I REALLY need?

If your budget is only £40 and you want a 128GB card...have you checked to see just how much these cost? You won't have much change from the memory card to buy a camera, if any. And if you only want to spend £40 on a camera, chances are the footage will be of a lower quality anyway and you won't need 128GB because the files will be smaller. 128GB is usually for 1080p upwards and generally higher bitrates typically 20mbps or higher, or dual channel cameras recording two video streams to one card.

Pick a camera and check its bitrate online, then use DCT's own Recording Time Calculator to see how many hours you'll get from 32GB, 64GB and 128GB cards. Now ask yourself, how much recording time do I REALLY need?
have to agree, long recording time isn't much use if it looks like it was filmed with a potato

Sorry should have made it clearer, i already have the micro SD card and the budget is just for the camera.

Sorry should have made it clearer, i already have the micro SD card and the budget is just for the camera.
Which card do you have, not all cards are suitable

Probably the closest to your budget would be a Mobius, not sure of the conversion rate but even that's possibly over budget, cheap cameras are typically limited to 32gb cards, some will handle 64gb, most will require using a third party program to format the card FAT32 if over 32gb

Back