DashCamTalk 5 year anniversary!

This is my first post here, 5 years ago.
Mtz first post.jpg
I remember in 2012 @DashCamMan was posting in the forum daily at about the same hour and he was almost the one which was giving constant replies . For me was strange to see a forum where people are receiving answers just once a day usually at the same hours. Was like DCM was alone here trying to help everybody. So I joined this forum because I saw a future for it and I can give help. I was in other forum years before (also a moderator for about 8 years) and I used to give reply as soon I can post a message after receiving the forum notification.
Then the forum started to increase more visible, maybe because was adding real value for the users.

I never asked @DashCamMan when he was posting: in the morning, in the evening, before going to bed? :rolleyes:

The ITB-250HD from the screenshot maybe was the first Wi-Fi dashcam on the market and after 5 years is still working like in the first day and its original SD Card is still good. But latest years was mounted on a car which was not used very much.

enjoy DCT,
Mtz

Back in February 2015, when I was searching for a G1W after watching Techmoan's famous video, DCT was the first hit on the Google search I did with the keyword "G1W". That's how I found the forum. I lurked around for a few days but didn't sign up immediately. I was a newbie and the contents of the forum seemed too "technical" to me. Also I was only searching for more info about the camera and what I needed to know about the G1W was also confirmed here. It wasn't until I was searching for a firmware update for the G1W-H I bought in May of the same year that I signed up and really got into DCT more in depth. The rest, as you say, is history. :)

Last edited:
Happy anniversary!
Reminds me of my 1st $10 dashcam, C600 that was not that bad after focusing the lens.

dsc00854-c600-jpg.5415

That must have been a really 'high end' camera - 12 lights. (y):D

That must have been a really 'high end' camera - 12 lights. (y):D
At least that's the highlight in the description.
12 IR lights for great night videos. ;)

Five years and counting this is such a good community.

Oh, I missed this thread somehow, maybe in my quest to choose a dashcam.

I can still greet this forum on the 5+ year anniversary. This has helped me in gaining insight about dashcam. Thank you DTC. More than that, I have been enjoying the posts by forum members a lot. They share so much information here directly or indirectly - the way of life in their part of the world. local weather, history, traditions, traffic issues, funny things, literature read there, festivals, social life. So much. I am very happy to be a member here.

Indecently, few days ago was the first anniversary for me on DCT. I became a member on October 6, 2016.

Happy Anniversary DCT

DVR-027 was my first hobby level dashcam in the early days before eventually getting into the dashcam business all together in search of something greater. Time flies when you're having fun!

5CIxr1C.png
This DVR-027/K2000/Gs1000 module are the best sellers for that year!
And thanks to this online forum.

Back