data recording bug (front camera suddently stop to register)

collins4u

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi,
Very happy with this camera, but this morning after coming back i just wanted to check the video.
Something strange happen, the rear camera got all the journey but the front camera suddently stop to register and the last file registered seems to be corrupted.
Anyone got this problem ?
SD card (SAMSUNG 64 EVO plus) quality involved (i hope)?
I register both at 30fps

Attachments

• InkedCapture d’écran 2020-09-22 114849_LI.jpg
    InkedCapture d’écran 2020-09-22 114849_LI.jpg
    991.1 KB · Views: 25
Playing the file back on the camera itself should fix the corruption.

Reactions: Mtz
Today I just receive SanDisk U3 V30 High endurance 256GB, but the dashcam refused to record on high bitrate. But it works normaly with medium bitrate. I don't know if the problem with memory card or firmware

Be careful where you buy your sd cards. There are a lot of counterfeits out there. The packaging can show the fakes.

I'll report there if I get again the same problem with this new firmware...

Be careful where you buy your sd cards. There are a lot of counterfeits out there. The packaging can show the fakes.
I'm not sure but I purchased from Amazon and test it on computer it's working without issues.

Please upgrade to this latest firmware, it will fix this issue.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Trmb_sN2NB-zokZouFxkj7eYzYmd5Whx/view?usp=sharing
Thank you Viofo for the new Firmware, But the problem still the same and I found the issue with rear camera after I change bitrate to high, it keeps disconnecting without inserting the memory card.

To properly test the card, you should first use the "sdformatter" freeware to reset the card to factory specs, then run the "h2testw" freeware doing a full overwrite- this will take several hours with a 256GB card. Windows-supplied programs do not do these things as well. If the card is a fake or has other problems you will find that out this way. If the card is genuine with no problems then this might be a cam problem. If you have another suitable card it would be worth trying just to be sure.

Phil

To properly test the card, you should first use the "sdformatter"
Thank you Phil, I will try it later. But now the problem with dashcam keeps disconnecting rear camera after changing bitrate to high without using memory card

Are you sure it is not recording rear camera so it could just be a problem not being able to preview the rear camera ( which would be a minor problem )
But if rear camera is not recorded that is of course a major problem.

Amazon is no guarantee its not a counterfeit card. I gave up and bought direct from Samsung. When I got theirs it was obvious how the packaging differed.

Fake Amazon cards.

Search google for counterfeit sd cards. You will be surprised at the results.

Are you sure it is not recording rear camera so it could just be a problem not being able to preview the rear camera ( which would be a minor problem )
But if rear camera is not recorded that is of course a major problem.
The camera freezes and refuse to record after I change it to high bitrate even without memory card. anyone have this problem with a129plus?

Unhapiness same bug again but this time with rear camera. I lost the recording of rear camera during one journey. The next journey is ok like you can see on the pic attachedbug.jpg
... quite strange
I really hope it's a solvable software bug :)
Bytheway, there is still the probability that the sdcard is involved.

I register both at 30fps with reset settings

Back