Data research for location sharing app

These are just some examples.

as I mentioned your website gives nothing away without first wanting users to sign up, restricting it like that is probably a big turn off for many people before you even get started, as they say "nobody knows what the next big thing is but everyone can recognise it when they see it" at the moment nobody can see what your product might be without first signing up, that's a very big roadblock for a new application or service, why make things so hard?

There are literally dozens of apps on the market that already do virtually everything being described here and more. Many have been available for years.

Thank you for your feedback.

Our app already includes multiple categories of unique features that do not exist in current apps - but my aim here was to merely ask the forum about their own preferences and experiences with such services - and not to promote our own app.

Our company will distinguish ourselves in the market and one way we are trying to do so is by listening to the market closely.

it may be the best app out there, hard to say without seeing it, if it is that great people would want to sign up after seeing what it's about, not so sure about signing up before knowing what it's about though

Yes that is for sure, people can choose to use the app or not when we launch on its own merits.

What we offer though is that if you give us any feedback or input to our market research then we give some free months of a premium account in appreciation. Our idea is to not just ask for free input but to offer something in return.

Generally, I was only curious if people here have used GPS location sharing applications and what their experiences with them have been. Have you used such an app before?

Many thanks again.

Yes that is for sure, people can choose to use the app or not when we launch on its own merits.

What we offer though is that if you give us any feedback or input to our market research then we give some free months of a premium account in appreciation. Our idea is to not just ask for free input but to offer something in return.

Generally, I was only curious if people here have used GPS location sharing applications and what their experiences with them have been. Have you used such an app before?

Many thanks again.

bit hard to play the guessing game as to what features you may or may not already have, maybe it's just me but I tend to look at what a product does or how it works and then consider how it could be made better, or simpler etc rather than trying to think it all out from a blank canvas, right now the detail offered is too limited, maybe when you launch and there are some details on offer things will be easier

the only similar type of location sharing app I've ever really looked at is the iOS find my friends app (or whatever it's called) that comes standard these days on the iPhone, I stopped using an iPhone though and only have one for testing of wifi apps so not something I use regularly anymore

sometimes on Facebook when you check in somewhere it will list other people that are there which is kind of the same sort of functionality at play, using that previously I have found out a friend that lives 3000km's from me in Australia that I don't regularly see was at the same venue in Hong Kong and we met up for lunch while we were there, without that location aware functionality the odds of running into each other would have been very slim I'd think

Thank you, that is a helpful example of how such an app was helpful. Much appreciated!

Back