Date and Time Stamp

For the most part the characterization has been that the camera is highly compromised if you can't access the menu options, more so than anyone saying that it is "useless". The big question is why would anyone of intelligence and sound mind go out and knowingly purchase a camera that they know is designed to operate in concert with a WiFi capable cell phone when they do not own a cell phone, considering that there are literally dozens of other worthy alternative cameras on the market that include menu access and functionality. Taking it a step further why would anyone put days and days of effort and verbiage into trying to convince others that they really don't need all the functionality provided in a camera they just paid good money for and that would otherwise dramatically enhance the usefulness and enjoyment of the product?

why would anyone of intelligence and sound mind go out and knowingly purchase a camera that they know is designed to operate in concert with a WiFi capable cell phone when they do not own a cell phone,

I think you answered your own question there...

Although I fully expect Viofo will address that aspect given the level of feedback.

I think you answered your own question there...

Although I fully expect Viofo will address that aspect given the level of feedback.

Indeed, it was a rhetorical question, addressed primarily to you, who doesn't happen to own a mobile WiFi device but went out and bought one anyway.

The big question is why would anyone of intelligence and sound mind go out and knowingly purchase a camera that they know is designed to operate in concert with a WiFi capable cell phone when they do not own a cell phone,

Well FWIW I just did this :whistle: Why? Because I like this cam. Because I don't need to have it operating right away. Because I can use a tablet PC anyway so here's one more reason to get one sooner. Because I got it at the price Adorama was charging, cheaper than normal retail. But mostly because I could :D

The round shape of this cam fits perfectly with some ideas I've had rattling around in my head and those had to remain just ideas without a cam in hand to try those ideas with. So even if I never get the cam operational it has a certain value to me even if that wouldn't really apply to most folks :cool:

And BTW, due to the nature of some of the things I've been involved with I've had psychological testing and have been deemed to be quite sane. I'm not sure that I personally agree with their assessments but whatever- they're the Pros so there you go :rolleyes: I've got the paperwork to prove my sanity, where's yours? :p :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Indeed, it was a rhetorical question, addressed primarily to you, who doesn't happen to own a mobile WiFi device but went out and bought one anyway.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I bought nothing, I was given one for testing.

What person risks ruining someone's business / livelyhood by supporting a post that is ill considered and untrue stating something as "useless" simply because it can't be customised ? How many people may think twice about buying in case they lose or damage their phone upon reading that post believing the camera can't continue to be used without their Smart phone when in reality it works perfectly well as a camera out of the box without a phone? How many people might have bought it anyway using it in basic form whilst they saved for a Smart Phone or waited for a birthday?

I have no issue with anyone having an opinion. Reviews should be honest and it's quite fair to say it's limited without a Smart Phone or that you wouldn't personally recommend it for the reason that it can't be adjusted from standard without. That's very different to saying it's useless.

You've spent pages and pages arguing exactly that unfair statement, when you don't even own one.

An opinion of a device you don't own, have never seen and have never used. There's a sane review.

Maybe I should review an F16 tommorow based on people I overhear talking in a bar tonight......I'm sure someone said it was useless......

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I bought nothing, I was given one for testing.

What person risks ruining someone's business / livelyhood by supporting a post that is ill considered and untrue stating something as "useless" simply because it can't be customised ? How many people may think twice about buying in case they lose or damage their phone upon reading that post believing the camera can't continue to be used without their Smart phone when in reality it works perfectly well as a camera out of the box without a phone? How many people might have bought it anyway using it in basic form whilst they saved for a Smart Phone or waited for a birthday?

I have no issue with anyone having an opinion. Reviews should be honest and it's quite fair to say it's limited without a Smart Phone or that you wouldn't personally recommend it for the reason that it can't be adjusted from standard without. That's very different to saying it's useless.

You've spent pages and pages arguing exactly that unfair statement, when you don't even own one.

An opinion of a device you don't own, have never seen and have never used. There's a sane review.

Maybe I should review an F16 tommorow based on people I overhear talking in a bar tonight......I'm sure someone said it was useless......

Oy Vey!

I don't quite understand what you are trying to express here and I'm no doubt not the only one. Maybe you could elaborate for us? Take all the time you need for this.

Back