Date and Time way out after changing to 256Gb card

silverfox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I upgraded to a DR900S-2CH from a DR650GW-2CH last week and was using the 128Gb card from the old dashcam in the new one and everything was fine. Due to the size of the 4k files I decided to try a 256Gb card as I've seen that quite a few people are successfully using them. It's a Samsung 256Gb EVO Pro (I was using a Samsung 128Gb EVO Pro). I put it in the DR900S this morning and formatted it and a little while later noticed that the time and date were wrong, adding about 18 hours onto the current date/time. I reformatted the card and now it's just to being about 30 hours out. I've checked the Time settings and it is set to GPS and GMT+0, which it was before. Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Can't help on the date an time cause mine hasn't messed up....but I have that exact card with zero issues running 24/7 in the hot Florida sun now since last year. I am still on the software version that the 900s 2ch came with. Was going to wait to upgrade the night vision bin until I see more feedback. Good luck on the time/date issue

Try reloading the firmware. I had a similar issue on one of my cameras and this resolved the issue. Keep in mind, after re-installing the firmware, you will need to reset your time.

Try reloading the firmware. I had a similar issue on one of my cameras and this resolved the issue. Keep in mind, after re-installing the firmware, you will need to reset your time.

Thanks, reloading the firmware worked.

See, cross post, that is when reloading or updating firmware makes sense. To fix an issue. LMAO!

Mike

Hi guys! sorry to bring this old topic back up, but I'm experiencing exactly the same issue on my DR900S. Timestamp on a file is perfectly fine, but the video overlay date has huge offset (~+2days).
Firmware updated, triggered between manual date and GPS sync couple of times- no luck.
How do you guys "reload the firmware"? :) Thanks!

Back