Date/Time battery

herrer123

Reaction score
Hi guys

Has anyone had to purchase a new Date/time battery for there Livue LB100?

My camera has been working fine with no problem for over a year now, but recently have been having a problem with the date and time changing to random dates thoughout the week.
I have reformatted the sd card and also installed the latest firmware from winy but the problem still
continues.Everything else appears to functioning fine.Does anybody know what type of battery is needed?

Thanks
Andrew.

I'm working on that issue right now. There are 2 batteries in the unit - one tiny button cell on the circuit board right next to the lens assembly, and a lithium ion rechargeable underneath the circuit board. The tiny button cell is the one that keeps date / time, and the lion battery provides run time after disconnecting power. Both of these batteries in my nearly 2 year old lb100 are bad. I've got a lion replacement, but have not found a source for the very small circuit board battery. It is solder to the board, and will not be easy to replace, but I'm sure going to try when I can find one. I do not even know if it is a 1.5v or 3v, or I would have already put a compatable battery somewhere under the circuit board.

I'll post here when I get it figured out.

John F

Yeah I've had a bit of a play with the unit since posting this question I managed to replace the Lipo with a capacitor and tried a couple of different button cells I had but to no avail with the date/time. I used the camera as a rear camera after the capacitor mod and it worked fine but I have since retired the camera. Overall it did last well considering the high car temps in Australia.

Good luck.
Andrew.

Hi JohnF,

Have you replaced the battery in your unit?

I contacted Winycam about the button cell, they said they'd send one, but never heard back . They did originally reply that the tiny button cell for date/time is 3v, but I've not found one that small. Might try removing the dead button cell and wiring in a larger one - there is room in the case I think.

thanks for the tip about the battery being 3v. i ripped off the old battery and soldered a new one on, i found a cr2025 i had lying around. the negative terminal is tack welded on, so i ripped the pad off trying to unsolder the old battery but just soldered a wire to the ground on the board and the clock is working again.

i'll be using this camera as a rear camera since i already bought a newer camera with better features for the front.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Livue / Winycam 0
Back